Jpop Recommend #64 Yume wo akiramenaide by Takako Okamura

夢をあきらめないで Yume wo akiramenaide

岡村 孝子 Takako Okamura


Released in February 1987, this song is her 5th single.  First having gained popularity as a main vocal of the female duo, Amin, she also showed her talent as a song writer with this song.

In Japan, February is a season for school entrance exams.  I would like to introduce this song to everyone who studies hard at this moment to make the dream comes true.







☆Jpop recommend backnumber list☆

Please visit my Amazon.jp shop for more CD/music sheet/band score!



<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

乾いた     空  に  続く       坂道
Kawaita sora ni tsuzuku sakamichi
On a slope stretching to the arid sky 
後ろ    姿     が  小さく    なる
Ushiro-sugata ga chiisaku naru
your back shot is getting smaller
優しい    言葉     探せない    まま
Yasashii kotoba sagasenai mama
Being unable to find kind words
冷えた その  手  を  振り 続けた
Hieta   sono te wo furi tsuzuketa
I kept waving my cold hand

いつか  は、 皆   旅立つ
Itsuka wa mina tabidatsu
Sooner or later, everybody takes off
それぞれ  の  道     を  歩いて いく
Sorezore no michi wo aruite iku
and walks along their own roads

あなた の  夢     を あきらめないで
Anata no yume wo akiramenaide
Don't give up on your dream
熱く        生きる 瞳      が  好き  だわ
Tsuyoku ikiru   hitomi ga suki dawa
I like your eyes full of life and passion
負けない ように  悔やまぬ  ように
Makenai youni kuyamanu youni
Don't give in and never to regret
あなた  らしく     輝いて    ね
Anata rashiku kagayaite ne
Shine just like who you are

苦しい     こと  に つまづく      時    も
Kurushii koto ni tsumazuku toki mo
When you stumble against the hardship
きっと 上手    に 越えて 行ける
Kitto jyouzu ni koete   ikeru
I'm sure you will overcome in the best way
心配     なんて ずっと しないで
Shinpai nante zutto shinaide
Never worry about me 
似てる 誰か     を 愛せる  から
Niteru dareka wo aiseru kara
I will be able to love someone equal to you

切なく         残る      痛み は
Setsunaku nokoru itami wa
The yearning pain left in me 
繰り返すたびに薄れていく
Kurikaesu tabi ni usurete iku
will wear off over time

あなた の  夢     を あきらめないで
Anata no yume wo akiramenaide
Don't give up on your dream
熱く        生きる 瞳      が  好き  だわ
Tsuyoku ikiru   hitomi ga suki dawa
I like your eyes full of life and passion
あなた が   選ぶ 全て     の  もの   を
Anata ga erabu subete no mono wo 
Everything you choose
遠く     に いて 信じている
Tooku ni ite    shinjite iru
I have faith in you from afar

あなた の  夢     を あきらめないで
Anata no yume wo akiramenaide
Don't give up on your dream
遠く     に いて 信じている
Tooku ni ite    shinjite iru
I have faith in you from afar

Comments