Jpop Recommend #259 Oaiko by Hanaregumi

おあいこ Oaiko

ハナレグミ Hanaregumi



Released in August 2015, this song was released originally as one of the songs in the album, "
What are you looking for".   Hanaregumi is a solo project of Takashi Nagazumi, the lead vocal of SUPER BUTTER DOG.   

I don't know much about SUPER BUTTER DOG, but this song caught my attention and as looked up, I found out that this song was made by Youjirou Noda of RADWINPS.  His lyrics are like a love letter that makes you wonder and imagine about the relationship of the couple.  






Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!





Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

抱き   しめる    ふり して  
daki-shimeru furi shite 
I was pretending to hold you tight, 
抱き     しめて もらってた
dakishi-mete moratteta
but in reality I was being held by you
愛する ふり して   
aisuru furi shite 
I was pretending to love you, 
愛して もらってた
aishite moratteta
but in reality, I was being loved by you

僕      が   そう 伝える    と   
boku ga sou tsutaeru to 
When I said so
君    も    同じ  だと  言った
kimi mo onaji dato itta
you said, "That goes for me, too"
おあいこ だよ  なんて 君    は      僕  に  そう 言った
oaiko    dayo nante kimi wa boku ni sou itta
"That makes us even", you told me so


ずるい ずるい ずるい
zurui  zurui    zurui
That's not fair, not fair, not fair
ずるい ずるい ずるい
zurui   zurui  zurui
That's not fair, not fair, not fair
僕     は   ずるい ずるい よ
boku wa zurui  zurui yo
I'm being unfair, I'm not fair


あおいこ なんか じゃない よ
oaiko     nanka jyanai   yo
We weren't even
だって 僕      は  知ってた から
datte boku wa shitteta kara
Because I knew
おあいこ だよ って 君    が 言って
oaiko    dayo tte kimi ga itte
You would say, "we are even"
笑って    くれる  こと
waratte kureru koto
and smile for me


君     が     望む     より  も    僕      は  バカ  じゃない よ
kimi ga nozomu yori mo boku wa baka jyanai   yo
I'm not that stupid like you want me to be
君     が    思う  よりも    君     は    全然        賢く          も  ない  の
kimi ga omou yorimo kimi wa zenzen kashikoku mo nai no
You are not that smart as you think


君     は    知らなかったろう? 
kimi wa shiranakattarou?
You didn't know, did you?
僕       を  知らなかったろう?
boku wo shiranakattarou?
You didn't know me, did you?
知った フリ で いたん だろう 
shitta  furi de  itan  darou
You thought you knew me
それ  が   許せなかった    の
sore ga yurusenakatta no
That's why I couldn't forgive you


ねぇ 笑わ        ないで よ そんな   顔  で   笑わ       ないで よ
Nee warawa naide yo sonna kao de warawa naide yo
Hey, don't smile, don't smile with such an expression on your face
全部    わかった   ように さ 真昼       の    月    の   ように さ
zenbu wakatta  youni sa mahiru no tsuki no youni sa
as if you know everything, like a moon in high-noon


僕      の  明日 を    君    の   眼  に 透かせば
boku no asu wo kimi no me ni sukaseba
Through your eye, will my tomorrow
大丈夫       に  なるの
daijyoubu ni naruno 
be alright?


「君    の  番    でも    そんな  顔  じゃ
"kimi no ban demo sonna kao jya 
"If it is your turn, with your face looking like that
きっと 奇跡    も    素通り   しちゃう よ」
kitto  kiseki mo sudoori shichau yo"
the miracle will pass through you."
君     が  言う とさ   本当     に  なる  から  やめて   よ
kimi ga iu    tosa hontou ni naru kara yamete yo
Your words may come true, so please stop it


抱き   しめる    ふり して  
daki-shimeru furi shite 
I was pretending to hold you tight, 
抱き     しめて もらってた
dakishi-mete moratteta
but in reality I was being held by you
愛する  ふり して 
aisuru furi shite 
I was pretending to love you
全部       全部    もらってた
enbu zenbu moratteta
but in reality I was given everything, everything







Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


Comments

  1. Actually, this is a heartbreak song. It's a very deep and beautiful lyric, so I love this song so much.

    Nagadsumi Takashi is such a talented singer. If you don't know much about him, I recommend you to try "Sayonara Colour" by Super Butter Dog or "Kazoku no Fuukei" by Hanaregumi. It's a bit old, but definitely a masterpiece.

    https://youtu.be/qFDbANtxLfU
    https://youtu.be/v5boRsZaSbE

    In addition to that the keyboardist of Super Butter Dog "Ikeda Takafumi" is now active as famous comic singer "Rekishi". If you have basic knowledge of Japanese language and history, perhaps you can understand how funny it is.

    https://youtu.be/yAt1LBR2pJo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. And thank you for sharing more info about their music.I'll check it out for sure!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated. Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!