Jpop Recommend #260 Nanpa sen by Akina Nakamori

難破船 Nanpa sen

中森 明菜 Akina Nakamori



Released in December 1984, this song was her 19th single.  The song was written by Tokiko Kato, a famous singer songwriter herself.


When this song was released, there are many rumors that the lyrics matches her situation.  Because at that time, she broke up with her boyfriend, Masahiko Kondo, another very popular jpop idol.  The rumor still remains as she showed some tears when she sang this song.  I don't know if it is true, but I can tell that she put a special feeling into this song. 





Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!





Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

たかが   恋   なんて 忘れれば      いい
takaga koi nante wasurereba ii
It's just a love I can forget 
泣きたい だけ   泣いたら
nakitai   dake naitara
After I cry to my heart's content
目の前        に   違う   愛  が   見えて くる かも    しれない と
menomae ni chigau ai ga miete kuru kamo shirenai to 
I might find another love in front of me
そんな 強がり        を  言って  見せる   のは
sonna tsuyogari wo itte     miseru nowa
The reason why I pretend to act cool by saying such bluff
あなた を    忘れる     ため
anata wo wasureru tame
is to forget you
さびし  すぎて こわれ   そう   なの
sabishi sugite koware sou nano
I am too lonely and about to be broken
私            は  愛  の   難波   船
watashi wa ai no nanpa-sen
I am a shipwreck of love


折れた    翼        広げた     まま
oreta tsubasa hirogeta mama
Spreading the broken wings
あなた の  上 に 落ちて  行きたい
anata no ue ni ochite ikitai
I want to fall on you
海      の  底   へ   沈んだ     なら
umi no soko e shizunda nara
When I sunk at the bottom of the ocean
泣きたい だけ   抱いて ほしい
nakitai   dake daite hoshii
I just want to cry, I want you to hold me 


ほか  の   誰か       を   愛した  の   なら
hoka no dareka wo aishita no nara
If you love someone else
追いかけて は  行けない
oikakete   wa ikenai
I can no longer go chasing you
みじめ   な  恋    つづける   より
mijime na koi tsuzukeru yori
Rather than continuing miserable love
別れ      の    苦しさ       えらぶ  わ
wakare no kurushisa erabu wa 
I would choose the agony of leaving
そんな ひとこと  で  ふりむき  も   せず
sonna hitokoto de furimuki mo sezu
After such words, without turning back
別れた     あの   朝    には
wakareta ano asa niwa
on that morning we parted
この     淋しさ    知り   も  しない
kono sabishisa shiri mo shinai
You would never know this loneliness
私            は  愛 の    難波    船
watashi wa ai no nanpa-sen
I am a shipwreck of love


おろか だよ  と     笑われても
oroka dayo to warawaretemo
Even if getting laughed at for being silly
あなた を   追いかけ 抱きしめ     たい
anata wo oikake    dakishime tai
I want to chase you and hold you
つむじ     風    に  身  を    まかせて   あなた を    海  に   沈めたい
tsumuji-kaze ni mi wo makasete anata wo umi ni shizumetai
By letting whirlwind take my body, I want to sink you into the ocean 



あなた に 逢えない この      街      を
anata ni aenai     kono machi wo
In this town where I can't see you
今夜     ひとり 歩いた 誰    も   かれ    も   知らんぷり で
konya hitori aruita dare mo kare mo shiranpuri de
tonight I walked alone  Everyone looked like a stranger
無口         な   まま    通り   すぎる
mukuchi na mama toori sugiru
and passed me through without a word


たかが     恋人     を    なくした   だけ  で
takaga koibito wo nakushita dake de
Just a boyfriend I lost 
何も        かも    が 消えた わ
nanimo kamo ga kieta wa
but everything is gone now
ひとりぼっち 誰      も いない
hitoribocchi dare mo inai
I'm all alone and no one is around
私            は  愛 の   難破     船
watashi wa ai no nanpa-sen
I am a shipwreck of love






Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


Comments

  1. Thank you so much, I love this song even though I don't know what it was saying, really no translation needed to hear that raw emotion, but now I know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving the comment. I'm happy to know that you like this song. I agree that her song has a power to convey the theme of this song beyond the language barrier.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated. Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!