Jpop Recommend #265 Kemono yuku hosomichi by Ringo Sheena and Hiroji Miyamoto

獣行く細道 Kemono yuku hosomichi 

椎名林檎/宮本浩次 Ringo Sheena/Hiroji Miyamoto 




Released in October 2018, this song is a collaboration of two great artists, Ringo Sheena and Hiroji Miyamoto, a vocal of Elephant Kashimashi.  Miyamoto's bold and wild voice and Sheena's delicate voice is a perfect match for this song.

Sheena has tried many collaboration over the past years but I think this is the best match.   They will be performing in the this year's "紅白歌合戦 kouhaku utagassen", the most famous and long-run music show in Japan.









Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!



Lyrics
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

この   世  は    無常    皆んな   分かつて   ゐる の  さ
kono yo wa mujyou minna wakatte    iru  no sa
Nothing lasts forever in this world Everyone knows it
誰も       が    移ろふ さう 絶え間 ない  流れ     に
daremo ga utsurou sou taema-nai nagare ni
Everybody changes Yes, pushed by incessant flow
ただ  右往 左往   して  ゐる
tada uou-saou shite iru
everyone simply goes this way and that

いつも    通り お決まり の  道    に  潜むでゐる  あき の よる
itsumo-doori okimari no michi ni hisondeiru aki no yoru
As usual in the same old road hidden is the night of autumn (dull)
着 脹れ       して  生き 乍ら    死んぢやあ  ゐまいか と  ふと   訝る
ki-bukure shite iki nagara shinjya      imaika   to futo ibukaru
Even though I live with full of clothes on, I wonder if I die already

飼     馴らして ゐる やうで 飼    殺して      ゐるんぢやあ ないか
kai-narashite iru youde kai-goroshite  irunjyaa      naika
It looks as though I tame but in reality I let it to go waste
自分   自身    の    才能    を あたま と からだ、 丸で      食い  違ふ
jibun-jishin no sainou wo atama to karada marude kui-chigau
my own talent   My head and body react in a completely different way


人間      たる    前   の    単 に   率直          な   感度   を    頼つて ゐたい と  思ふ
ningen taru mae no tan ni socchoku na kando wo tayotte itai    to omou
Before being human, I want to follow my plain and simple instinct
さう    本性      は      獣 
sou honshou wa kemono
Yes, real nature as a beast 
丸腰            の     命      を  いま     野放し      に   突走らう        ぜ
marugoshi no inochi wo ima nobanashi ni tsuppashirou ze
Leaving the life unprotected, let's run fast without any constraint
行く  先  は  こと   切れる  場所 
iku saki wa koto-kireru basho 
My destination is a place where I die
大自然       として いざ 行かう
daishizen toshite iza ikou
in great nature, let's move on now


そつと 立ち 入る はじめて の    道    に   震へて    
sotto tachi-iru hajimete no michi ni furuete 
I shiver as I step hesitantly into a road for the first time
ふゆ を   覚える
fuyu wo oboeru
I sense winter 
紛れたくて         足並          揃へて  安心       してゐた 
magiretakute ashinami soroete anshin shiteita 
I felt safe when I imitated others to blend in
昨日 に  恥ぢ入る
kinou ni hajiiru
I feel ashamed for myself of yesterday
気遣つて  ゐる やうで 気遣わせて     ゐるんぢやあ 厭 だ
kizukatte iru youde kizukawasete irunjyaa      iya da
I don't like to be cared when I tried to be thoughtful to others
自己 犠牲  の  振り  して 
jiko-gisei no furi shite 
pretending to be self-sacrificing
御為倒し          か、とんだ  かまとゝ
otamegokashi ka   tonda kamatoto
So it was just a pretense to be nice.  Such a fake innocence
謙遜      する    前   の    単  に   率直         な   態度  を   誇つて   ゐたい と  思ふ
kenson suru mae no tan ni socchoku na taido wo hokotte itai   to omou
Before being modest, I want to be proud of myself by acting straight-forward
さう  正体      は     獣 
sou shoutai wa kemono
Yes, real nature as a beast 


悴むだ            命       で  こそ   成      遂げた   結果    が    全て
kanjikanda inochi de koso nashi-togeta kekka ga subete
What is achieved with shivering life is all that counts
孤独       とは   言ひ換へりやあ 自由 
kodoku towa  ii-kaerya       jiyuu
Loneliness is in other word freedom
黙つて     遠く   へ 行かう
damatte tooku e ikou 
Let's go far without a word
本物          か    贋物       か なんて  無意味
monohon ka tenpura ka nante nonsense
It is nonsense to figure out whether it is real or fake
能    書き  は    まう   結構      です
nou-gaki wa mou kekkou desu
No need for boasting
幸    か  不幸    か  さへ も    勝敗      さへ  も
kou ka fukou ka sae mo shouhai sae mo 
Whether it is happiness or unhappiness, even if I lose or win
当人     だけ   に   意味 が 有る
tounin dake ni   imi ga aru
Only I shall know its meaning


無けなし     の     命     が   ひとつ 
nakenashi no inochi ga hitotsu
Here is one life I only have
だうせ なら   使ひ      果たさう ぜ
douse nara tsukai-hatasou ze
I shall use it full if that is all I've got
かなしみ     が  覆ひ  被さらう   と
kanashimi ga ooi-kabusarou to 
Even if the sadness covers it all
抱き かゝへて  行く まで さ
daki-kakaete iku made sa
I will hold it with my arms and keep going


借りもの    ゝ    命      が  ひとつ 
karimono no inochi ga hitotsu
Here is one life I borrowed
厚かましく           使ひ    込むで   返せ
atsukamashiku tsukai-konde kaese
Let's shamelessly use it till it expires
さあ   貪れ          笑ひ   飛ばす   のさ
saa musabore warai tobasu nosa 
and absorb it and laugh it away
誰     も   通れぬ      程        狭き      道      を  ゆけ
dare mo toorenu hodo semaki michi wo yuke
Go the road so narrow that nobody can pass


Double meaning in Hiragana
あき=秋、飽き
ふゆ=冬、蜉蝣

Pronunciation 
本物(honmono)=モノホン 
贋物(nisemono)=テンプラ 
無意味(muimi)=ナンセンス



Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


Comments