Jpop Recommend #284 I Gotta Go by milet

I Gotta Go

milet


Released in March 2019, this song was used as an ending theme song for a drama, "JOKERXFACE".  She is a mysterious singer for her profile is not disclosed in details.  Yet her voice caught the attention of many as soon as her songs were started to be used in the dramas.  


I like this song for its slow and somewhat sad tune.  I look forward to hearing more of her songs in the coming years.








Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!



Lyrics
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

Finally you said goodbye Oh I was not surprised I knew that you were falling into despair by everything that I’ve done Will time make us complete again?

I gotta go, gotta go, I’m leaving now I gotta go, gotta go, I’m leaving now to see the place where we used to love
You’ll never know, never know, I’m thinking bout You’ll never know, never know, I’m thinking bout I’m thinking about the color of your eyes
最後 に 伝える 言葉 に する から saigo ni tsutaeru kotoba ni suru kara
I will make this the last words to tell you
忘れない ように 短く 優しく 言わなきゃ wasurenai youni mijikaku yasashiku iwanakya
I must tell you shortly and gently so that you won't forget
それ じゃあ もう だめ かな sore jyaa   mou dame kana
I wonder that is not good enough


I gotta go, gotta go, I’m leaving now I gotta go, gotta go, I’m leaving now

こんな とき に すら 思う のは
konna toki ni sura omou nowa
What I think about in a time like this

あなた が 笑って 歌う 夜
anata ga waratte utau yoru
the night when you laugh and sing

つまずき ながら 踊る all night
tsumazuki nagara odoru all nightWe stumble but dance all night 
メロディ は 誰 も 知らない
melody wa dare mo shiranai
No one knows the melody 


I gotta go, gotta go, I’m leaving now I gotta go, gotta go, I’m leaving now
to see the place where we used to love

You’ll never know, never know, I’m thinking boutYou’ll never know, never know, I’m thinking bout
I’m thinking about the color of your eyes






Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


Comments