Jpop Recommend #287 22 sai no wakare by Kaguyahime

22歳の別れ 22 sai no wakare

風 Kaze / かぐや姫 Kaguyahime


Released in February 1975, this is the debut single of a jfolk duo, 風 Kaze.  But the song's writer, Shozo Ise originally wrote this song for his previous jfolk trio, かぐや姫, Kaguyahime.  He wrote this song for Kaguyahime's album but they didn't it as a single record.  Later when he dissolved the trio and debut as a new duo, Kaze, they released this song as their debut single.


The sad tune of this song makes me feel nostalgic of the past.  And beautiful guitar melody attracted many youth of that time to play guitar. 

Compare between Kaguyahime version vs Kaze version
Kaguyahime version

Featuring guitar played by Takahiko Ishikawa





Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!



Lyrics
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

あなた に さよなら って 言える のは 今日 だけ
anata ni sayonara tte ieru    nowa kyou dake
Today will be the last day for me to say good-bye to you
あした に なって
ashita ni natte
When tomorrow comes
また あなた の 温かい 手 に 触れたら
mata anata no atatakai te ni furetara 
and I touch your warm hand
きっと 言えなく なって しまう
kitto    ienaku   natte shimau
I won't be able to say 
そんな 気 が して
sonna ki ga shite
I felt that way


私 には  
watashi niwa 
For me 
鏡 に 映った あなた の 姿 を 見つけられず に
kagami ni utsutta anata no sugata wo mitsukerarerzu ni 
I couldn't find your figure reflected in the mirror
私 の 目 の 前 に あった 
watashi no me no mae ni atta
In front of me there was
幸せ に すがり ついて しまった
shiawase ni sugari tsuite shimatta
happiness and I held onto it


私 の 誕生日 に
watashi no tanjyoubi ni 
On my birthday
22本 の ロウソク を 立て
22-hon no rousoku wo tate
you placed 22 candles
ひとつ ひとつ が みんな
hitotsu hitotsu ga minna
Each one of these makes up 
君 の 人生 だねって 言って
kimi no jinsei dane tte itte
your life, you said
17本 目 から は いっしょ に 火 を つけた のが
17-hon me kara wa  issho     ni hi wo tsuketa noga
From the 17th candle, we had lit the candle together
昨日 の こと の ように
kinou no koto no youni
It seems like yesterday

今 は ただ 5 年 の 月日 が
ima wa tada 5-nen no tsukihi ga 
Now that those past 5 years
長すぎた 春 と いえる だけ です
nagasugita haru to ieru   dake  desu
I can only say that it was the spring that lasted for too long 
あなた の 知らない ところ へ 
anata no shiranai tokoro e
so to the place unknown to you
嫁いで ゆく 私 に とって
totsuide yuku watashi ni totte
I will go to get married  

ひとつ だけ
hitotsu dake
Only one thing
こんな 私 の わがまま 聞いて くれる なら 
konna watashi no wagamama kiite kureru nara
if you could hear the last wish of me 
あなた は あなた の まま で 
anata wa anata no mama de
I wish you to stay as you are
変わらず に いて 下さい
kawarazu ni  ite  kudasai 
I wish you don't change
その まま で 
sono mama de
the way you are




Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


Comments