Jpop Recommend #303 Ippiki ookami by Akira Yuki

一匹狼 Ippiki ookami

湯木慧 Akira Yuki


Released in August 2019, this song is her second single.  Her singing style touches listener's heart and the lyrics can be interpreted in many ways.


I would like to present this song to those who dread the end of summer vacation.  If you feel fear or despair, I hope this song will give you the strength to overcome any ordeal.






Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!



Lyrics
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

今、 立ち 上がる  為     の  “音楽”     持って  さ
ima tachi-agaru tame no "hikari" motte sa
Now having "light, that is music" to stand up
僕      は  ただ  唄う、僕   は   ただ   唄う の
boku wa tada utau boku wa tada utau no 
I just sing... I just sing
本当     は    一人  で 居たく ない から
hontou wa hitori de itaku  nai   kara
To tell you the truth, I don't want to be alone
僕     は  ただ  唄う、僕    は   ただ  唄う の  だろう
boku wa tada utau boku wa tada utau no darou
I just sing, that's why I just sing


一つ、     残らず、   集めた、不安  が
hitotsu nokorazu atsumeta fuan ga
Every single anxiety gathered 
ひとりで に、動き   出して、襲い くる
hitoride  ni  ugoki-dashite osoi kuru
now comes attacking me by itself
一つ、     残らず、   集めた、  孤独    が
hitotsu nokorazu atsumeta kodoku ga
Every single loneliness gathered
ひとりで に、僕     の   首   を、締め     付ける
hitoride ni   boku no kubi wo shime-tsukeru 
now start to strangles my neck by itself


伝えたい   言葉    も     まま   ならず
tsutaetai kotoba mo mama narazu
Words I want to tell won't come out as I wish
頭         だけ が  先  に    走り    出す
atama dake ga saki ni hashiri-dasu 
Only my brain start to run ahead


今、 立ち 上がる  為     の  “音楽”     持って  さ
ima tachi-agaru tame no "hikari" motte sa
Now having "light, that is music" to stand up
僕      は  ただ  唄う、僕   は   ただ   唄う の
boku wa tada utau boku wa tada utau no 
I just sing... I just sing
本当     は    一人  で 居たく ない から
hontou wa hitori de itaku  nai   kara
To tell you the truth, I don't want to be alone
僕     は  ただ  唄う、僕    は   ただ  唄う の  だろう
boku wa tada utau boku wa tada utau no darou
I just sing, that's why I just sing



言いたい 事    も  言えず  YES  で 過ぎる
iitai       koto mo iezu   yes   de sugiru
Unable to say what I really want, I only let it pass with "yes" 
1日       が  やけ  に    長く   感じる
ichinichi ga yake ni nagaku kanjiru 
One day seems like an eternity
変わりたい と 願い      続けて    は  過ぎる
kawaritai  to negai-tsuzukete wa sugiru
Wishing to change but only time passes
動かぬ     未来   と 自分
ugokanu mirai to jibun
while the future and myself remain the same


願う    だけ じゃ  ダメ  と  知ってる から
negau dake jya dame to shitteru kara
I know it won't do any good just by wishing for it
向かう  べき   場所   が   分かってる なら
mukau beki basho ga wakatteru nara
If you know where you should go


今、 立ち  上がる  事    が  恐く      なっても
ima tachi-agaru koto ga kowaku nattemo
Even if I get scared to stand up now
僕     は  ただ、生きる。僕     は  ただ、生きる よ
boku wa tada ikiru     boku wa tada   ikiru yo
I will just keep on living... I'll keep on living
本当     は、もう、分かってたん だろう
hontou wa mou   wakattetan darou
In reality, you knew it already
僕     は   僕     の   まま  で、君    は    君   の   まま  で
boku wa boku no mama de kimi wa kimi no mama de
I'll remain as I am and you'll stay as you are


今、 立ち  向かう   為     の  “音楽”     持って さ
ima tachi-agaru tame no "hikari" motte sa
Now having "light, tha is music" to stand up
僕     は ただ、唄う。君    も  ただ、唄う  の
boku wa tada utau kimi mo tada  utau no
I just sing... You just sing, too
永遠  は どこ  にも  無い と いう から
eien wa doko nimo nai  to  iu  kara
They say there is no eternity, so
僕      は  今、唄う
boku wa ima utau 
I just sing now
君    も    今、唄う の  だろう
kimi mo ima utau no darou
That's why you just sing now





Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments

  1. I really liked this song! It's really sweet and inspiring, at least for me, haha.
    I just wanted to mention that I think there's a little mistake in the lyrics; in the very first line, instead of "ongaku" I hear "hikari".
    By the way, I just found this blog, and I think you have a really good taste in music, hope to hear more songs recommended by you! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! And Yes, you are right about the mistake in the lyric translation.
    Actually, the lyrics written in kanji and the word sang by the singer is different. And I think i
    t is a unique feature of Japanese language. Because we use kanji, it can have different yomigana/meaning.

    In this lyrics, the singer wrote “音楽“ which means music and read it as “hikari“ which means light.

    Thank you again for pointing that up and sorry for the mistake. I'm happy to hear that you liked my recommendations.
    Please share with me your recommendations, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated. Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!