Jpop Recommend #307 Watashi wa piano by Mizue Takada

 私はピアノ Watashi wa piano

高田みずえ


Released in March 1980, this song was released as part of the album, "Tiny Bubbles" by Southern All Stars.  This song was then covered in July 1980 by Mizue Takada as her 12th single.  Her calm voice and sad tune matched well and it became a big hit.  Considering the fact that this song was made almost 40 years ago amazes me.  It doesn't sound old at all.


Later she got married to a Sumo wrestler, Wakashimazu (now retired and runs a sumo training quarter) and retired as a singer.  

This song matches well in Latin arrangement and I also like another cover version by Orchesta de la Luz.



Back then in 1980


Salsa version in Spanish cover by Orchesta de la luz




Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


Lyrics
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

人     も  羨む       よな 仲     が 
hito mo urayamu yona naka ga
Sweet relationship of the two even others envy
いつも 自慢   の  ふたり だった 
itsumo jiman no futari datta
has always been our pride
あなた と  なら どこ    までも 
anata to nara    doko mademo
With you to anywhere I can go 
いける つもり   で いた の に 
ikeru tsumori de ita no ni
That's how I believed


 
突然        の   嵐     みたい に 
totsuzen no arashi mitai ni
Like a sudden storm
音  を   立てて  くずれてく 
Eoto wo tatete kuzureteku
everything is falling apart with a crushing sound
涙         が  出ない のは  なぜ  
namida ga denai nowa naze 
Why tears won't come out
教えて  欲しい だけ   さ 
oshiete hoshii dake sa
I just need to know the reason


あなた から 目 が   離せない 
anata kara me ga hanasenai
I can't take my eyes off of you
ふたり して 聞く わ ラリー カールトン 
futari shite kiku wa Larry Carlton
while we listen to Larry Carlton
日だまり の   中     で  抱かれ 
hidamari no naka de dakare
Blessed with sunshine we held each other
いつ しか   時   の    徒然       に 
itsus hika toki no tsurezure ni
and soon we were lost in time



思い出  に 酔う  ひま  も   なく 
omoide ni you hima mo naku
No time to be indulged in memories
心          から 好き よ と 云えた 
kokoro kara suki yo to ieta
I could just say that I love you from the bottom of my heart
あの 頃    が   なつかしくて   何     も  かも 
ano koro ga natsukashikute nani mo kamo 
I miss everything about that time so much 


アナタ が いなければ  1   から  10   まで   ひとり 
anata ga inakereba ichi kara jyuu made hitori
Without you I will be left alone one to ten
葉       も ない まま に 生きてる 
kotoba mo nai mama ni ikirteru
I just live without a word
くり 返す    のは ただ lonely play 
kuri-kaesu nowa tada lonely play
The only thing I repeat is a lonely play



思いきり 感じた   まま    に 
omoikiri kanjita mama ni
Just as you felt
見せる しぐさ      やさしくて
miseru shigusa yasashikute
you showed me such a gentle gesture
言葉     じゃなくて  態度   で
kotoba jyanakute taido de
Not only with words but attitude
分かり 合えて も いた の に
wakari-aete mo ita no ni
we understood each other so well, but
男       の 人   なら    誰   でも
otoko no hito nara dare demo
Any man can
細い    肩     を   抱けば わかる
hosoi kata wo dakeba wakaru
tell if you hold that thin shoulder of hers
夜    が   恐い  よな     女           にゃ
yoru ga kowai yona onnanoko nya
A woman who is afraid of nights
それ で いいの よ すべて
sore de iino yo subete
that was all she needed



つらい けど 涙     見せない
tsurai kedo namida misenai
I felt awful but I won't show my tears
雨    の  降る  夜   には ビリージョエル
ame no furu yoru niwa Billy Joel
On a rainy night I listen to Billy Joel
情ない        女    に なって しまいそな   時   には サンバ
nasakenai onna ni natte shimaisona toki niwa Samba
When I felt like I can be such a loser, I listen to Samba
ためいき が 出ちゃうよな  恋
tameiki ga dechau yona koi
The love that makes me sigh



静か      に  抱き すくめ  られて
shizuka ni daki-sukume rarete
You once held me tight in silence
焼けた   素肌    が 今    でも  なつかしい
yaketa suhada ga  ima dmo natsukashii
I still miss the memory of burning bare skin 



ひとしきり  泣いたら 馬鹿げた   事   ネ  と  思う
hitoshikiri naitara     bakageta koto ne to omou
After I cry for a while, I came to my senses and felt I was being silly
ピアノ に 問いかけて  みた けど
piano ni toikaket     mita kedo
and I asked to piano
ピアノ に 問いかけて みた けど
piano ni toikakete   mita kedo
and I asked to piano
くり 返す  のは ただ 
kuri-kasu nowa tada
but the piano only repeats
lonely play lonely play




Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments