Jpop Recommend #329 KNOCKIN' ON YOUR DOOR by L⇔R

KNOCKIN' ON YOUR DOOR 

L⇔R


Released in May 1995, this song is the band's 7th single.

Used as a theme song of the jdrama, "僕らに愛を!, Bokura ni ai wo", this became their greatest hit.  

Even though this song was the old hit of 25 years ago, the catchy tune sounds fresh and uplifting.









Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


Lyrics
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

I'm Knockin' on your door

いつも  すぐ  せめぎ  合う lonely
itsumo sugu semegi-au lonely
Always I fight with loneliness
You're nothing but a girl
君    だけ   の    夢   に  出 逢いたい
kimi dake no yume ni de-aitai 
I want to dream with you alone


そう 何    が  変わって ゆく だろう
sou nani ga kawatte yuku darou
So what will change?
そう 何    を   見つめて   いた だろう
sou nani wo mitsumete ita darou
So what did I look?
コイン で  占った     明日 を 生きてく
coin    de uranatta asu wo ikiteku
I live tomorrow I was told by the coin
それ  が   僕   の    望む     自由  さ
sore ga boku no nozomu jiyuu sa
That's the freedom I wish

I'm Knockin' on your door
続かず       に 投げ   出した Diary
tsuzukazu ni nage-dashita diary
The diary I couldn't continue and threw away
暮れかけてく     街      並み  に   君   を 探してる
kurekaketeku machi-nami ni kimi wo sagashiteru
I search for you in the town view in dusk
抱きしめた      痛み から
dakishimeta itami kara
The pain I held
僕     が  解き  放たれ      なくても
boku ga toki-hanatare nakutemo 
even though I wouldn't be released from
今   言える 言葉     は Just say I love you
ima ieru  kotoba wa 
The only word I can tell you now is I love you


そう 何    を   言いたかった だろう
sou nani wo iitakatta        darou
So what did I want to say?
そう 何     を  信じていた だろう
sou nani wo shinjiteita darou
So what did I believe?
眠れない      夜    には 時計    は いらない
namurenai yoru niwa tokei wa iranai
On the sleepless night, there's no need for a clock
それ が    僕    の  出した    答え  さ
sore ga boku no dashita kotae sa
That's the answer I got



I'm Knockin' on your door
いつか すぐ 溶け    込む  さ Harmony
itsuka sugu toke-komu sa harmony
Someday we will blend in like harmony
かすれている 歌声    で   君  に  呼びかけて
kasureteiru utagoe de kimi ni yobikakete
With my husky voice I will call for you
願い   ごと  の  すべて  が
negai-goto no subete ga
All the wishes 
うまく  行く とは  思わない   けれど
umaku iku towa omowanai keredo
I don't think they will come true, but
今   言える 言葉     は Just say I want you
ima ieru    kotoba wa 
The only word I can say now is that I want you


I'm Knockin' on your door
いつか すぐ  笑えるさ    アイロニー
itsuka sugu waraerusa irony
Soon we can laugh   It will be the irony
気 に しないで  口笛       で  かわして    ごらん よ
ki ni shinaide kuchibue de kawashite goran yo
Don't mind and respond with whistle
あたりまえ の ルール に
atarimae   no rule   ni
The ordinary rule
君     が  傷つく      こと  が あっても
kimi ga kizutsuku koto ga attemo
if it hurts you
今  言える 言葉   は Just say I love you
ima ieru kotoba wa 
The only word I can say is that I love you





Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments