Jpop Recommend #366 Homura by LiSA

炎 Homura

LiSA


Just released in October 2020, this song is her 17th single.  This was a theme song for an anime movie, "
劇場版「鬼滅の刃」無限列車編, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie: Infinity Train"

As the movie made a bit hit, this song also became very popular even among the people who didn't know about the anime.
Her passionate singing adds extra taste to this song.
 

First Take version





Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


Lyrics
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

さよなら ありがとう 声    の 限り
Sayonara Arigato   Koe no kagiri
Good-bye  Thank you I would say as loud as possible
悲しみ       より もっと 大事 な  こと
kanashimi yori motto daiji na koto
More important than sadness
去りゆく  背中     に  伝えたくて
sariyuku senaka ni tsutaetakute
I wanted to tell to the shoulder that is leaving us
ぬくもり  と  痛み  に  間に合う ように
nukumori to itami ni maniau youni
So that it can go with the warmth and pain



この   まま     続く     と  思って  いた
kono mama tsuzuku to omotte ita
I thought this will last forever
僕ら     の  明日    を  描いて いた
bokura no ashita wo egaite ita
I envisioned our tomorrow
呼び  合って いた 光      が   まだ
yobi-atte     ita  hikari ga mada
The light calling for each ohter is still
胸      の   奥  に  熱い  のに
mune no oku ni atsui noni
hot at the bottom of my heart, but


僕     たち  は  燃え   盛る    旅   の   途中   で  出会い
boku tachi wa moe-sakaru tabi no tochu de deai
We met during the journey in flames
手 を  取り そして   離した    未来   の  ため  に
te wo tori soshite hanashita mirai no tame ni
We took each other's hand and let it go for the future
夢      が  一つ      叶う   たび 僕   は   君   を    想う   だろう
yume ga hitotsu kanau tabi boku wa kimi wo omou darou
Each time a dream comes true, I will think of you
強く      なりたい と  願い 泣いた 決意   を    餞           に
tsuyoku naritai   to negai naita   ketsui wo hanamuke ni 
I cried wishing to become stronger  That resolution is a gift to you.   



懐かしい      思い  に  囚われたり
natsukashii omoi ni torawaretari
Trapped in nostalgia
残酷       な  世界  に  泣き   叫んで
zankoku na sekai ni naki-sakende
Crying and shouting over cruel world
大人   に なる  ほど  増えて 行く
otona ni naru hodo fuete iku
As we grow up, such things will increase
もう  何    一つ    だって   失い   たく  ない
mou nani hitotsu datte ushinai taku nai
But I won't to lose anything more


悲しみ      に  飲まれ   落ちて   しまえば
kanashimi ni nomare ochite shimaeba
If I fall overwhelmed by sadness,
痛み  を   感じなく   なる   けれど
itami wo kanjinaku naru keredo
I won't feel any pain but
君    の    言葉     君    の 願い
kimi no kotoba kimi no negai 
your words, your wish
僕     は   守りぬく       と   誓ったんだ
boku wa mamorinuku to chikattanda
I made a promise to protect them till the end


音   を  立てて  崩れ  落ちて   行く
oto wo tatete kuzure-ochite iku
It starts to fall with noise
一つ     だけ  の
hitotsu dake no 
Only one
かけがえ  の ない 世界
kakegae no nai sekai
indispensable world


手 を  伸ばし    抱き  止めた   激しい    光     の     束
te wo nobashi daki-tometa hageshii hikari no taba
I stretch my hand and caught the bundle of fierce light in my arms
輝いて    消えてった 未来  の  ため   に
kagayaite kietetta    mirai no tame ni 
For the future that once shined and has gone
託された       幸せ      と 約束       を  超えて  行く
takusareta shiawase to yakusoku wo koete iku
I move forward crossing over the happiness and promise I was enthrusted 
振り 返らず   に   進む    から
furi-kaerazu ni susumu kara
I will move forward without turning back
前    だけ   向いて 叫ぶ    から
mae dake muite sakebu kara
I will cry out only facing forward
心        に  炎        を    灯して
kokoro ni homura wo tomoshite
with a fire in my heart
遠い  未来   まで……
tooi   mirai made
To a distant future





Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


Comments