Jpop Recommend #380 Swallowtail Butterfly by YEN TOWN BAND

Swallowtail Butterfly 〜あいのうた〜
Swallowtail Butterfly~ai no uta~
YEN TOWN BAND / CHARA


Released in July 1996, this is the band's first single.  Actually, the band was originally fictional in the movie, "Swallowtail".  The vocal, CHARA was starred in the movie as "
Glico", the lead vocal of the band.  The lyrics were made by CHARA, Shunji Iwai, the film director of this movie, and Takeshi Kobayashi, the renowned music producer.

Dreamy voice of CHARA and the movie's unique atmosphere added exotic charm to this song and it recorded a bit hit at that time.

Covered by Ai Ninomiya







Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


Lyrics
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

止まった 手 の  ひら
tomatta te-no-hira 
The palm stopped moving
ふるえてる の 躊躇        して
furueteru no chuucho shite
It shakes in hesitation
この   空    の  青 の  青さ  に 心         細く     なる
kono sora no ao no aosa ni kokoro-bosoku naru 
The blueness of blue sky put my heart uneasy
信じる    もの  すべて
shinjiru mono subete
Everything I believe in
ポケット に つめこんで     から
pocket  ni   tsumekonde kara
I put them all in a pocket
夏草          揺れる  線路   を
natsukusa yureru senro wo
The railway road where summer grasses flutter
遠く    まで   歩いた
tooku made aruita
I walked to the distance
心       に   心      に 痛み   が  ある の
kokoro ni kokoro ni itami ga aru no
In my heart, in my heart there is a pain
遠く  で     蜃気楼   揺れて
tooku de shinkirou yurete
In the distance mirage waves



あなた は    雲   の    影   に
anata wa kumo no kage ni 
In the shadow of clouds
明日    の   夢     を 追いかけてた
ashita no yume wo oikaketeta
you were chasing for tomorrow's dream
私         は  上の空        で    別れ     を  想った
watashi wa uwanosora de wakare wo omotta
My mind was somewhere else thinking about the farewell



汚れた     世界  に 悲しさ       は  響いて ない
yogoreta sekai ni kanashisa wa hibiite nai 
In dirty world, sadness won't echo
どこか  に  通り   すぎて く
dokoka ni toori-sugite ku
it just pass by to somewhere
ただ  それ を   待つ   だけ
tada sore wo matsu dake
we just wait for it to pass
体        は     体      で 素直   に  なる
karada wa karada de sunao ni naru
The body shows different reaction.  It can't lie
涙         が  止まらない だけど
namida ga tomaranai dakedo
I can't stop the tears but



ここ  から   何処 へ いっても
koko kara doko e ittemo 
Wherever I go from here
世界  は    夜   を  乗り  越えて いく
sekai wa yoru wo nori-koete iku
the world will get over the night
そして  あい の うた が
soshite  ai   no uta ga 
And a song of love
心        に  響き   はじめる
kokoro ni hibiki hajimeru
start to echo in my heart




ママ    の   靴     で  速く       走れなかった
mama no kutsu de hayaku hashirenakatta
I couldn't run fast with my mom's shoes
泣かない 裸足     に  なった 日 も
nakanai hadashi ni natta  hi mo 
I won't cry  even on the day I was on my bare foot

逆さ     に 見てた  地図  さえ
sakasa ni miteta chizu sae
Even the map I used to look upside down
もう 捨てて  しまった
mou sutete shimatta
I threw it away
心         に 心       に  魔法    が ある の
kokoro ni kokoro ni mahou ga aru no
In the heart, in the heart there is a magic
嵐        に 翼         ひろげ 飛ぶ よ
arashi ni tsubasa hiroge tobu yo
Against a storm, I will fly with open wings




私          は   上の空      で
watashi wa uwanosora de
I wasn't paying attention
あなた の こと  を  想い    だした  の
anata no koto wo omoi-dashita no 
because I start to remember you
そして あい の うた が
soshite ai  no uta ga 
And then a song of love
響き   だして...
hibiki-dashite
start to echo


私       は あい の うた で
watshi wa ai   no uta de
With a song of love
あなた を   探し     はじめる
anata wo sagashi hajimeru
I start to look for you




Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments