Jpop Recommend #400 Genius by Sano ibuki

Genius

Sano ibuki


Released in April 2021, this song was used as a theme song of a drama, "ソロ活女子のススメ, Solo-katsu joshi no susume".  This music video is so cute with a penguin dancing.  This year we have so much rain that makes me gloomy.  Every morning when I wake up, it is raining.  But this song and video made me smile.  So check it out!






Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


Lyrics
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

僕     が  1歩   前   に   進んだら
boku ga ippo mae ni susundara
When I move one step forward
君    は   3歩     前   で  呆れてて
kimi wa sanpo mae de akiretete
you stand three steps ahead with an astounded look
届かない、埋まらない  距離  が
todokanai umaranai kyori ga
The distance I can't reach and the gap I can't fill
走る     意味  に なって いた
hashiru imi  ni  natte  ita
became my reason to run


正義  の  味方     に  憧れた
seigi no mikata ni akogareta
I always long for a hero of justice
君    は  まさ   に 僕    の  ヒーロー で
kimi wa masa ni boku no hero    de
Your are truly my hero
敵わない、   笑顔 の    裏側      の
kanawanai egao no uragawa no 
I can't compete but hidden under your smile
涙        を    隠したがった
namida wo kakushitagatta
Tears you wishes to hide



寂しく      なっちゃった
sabishiku nacchatta
I felt so lonely
独り  ぼっち  なんて 言うな よ
hitori-bocchi nante iuna   yo
Don't say that you are all alone


I need you きっと 僕   の    歴史    に
                     kitto boku no rekishi ni 
I need you  I bet in my history
君    と  出 会えた 事   ほど  大きい もの     は ない ぜ
kimi to de-aeta koto hodo ookina mono wa nai ze
there is no bigger event than meeting you
どんな に 遠く、遠く    離れたって
donna ni tooku tooku hanaretatte
Even if we are far apart
’cause we’re genius
僕     は   君   を    見つけた    天才   さ
boku wa kimi wo mitsuketa tensai sa
I'm a genius who have found you


息 上がって 空    を   仰げば
iki agatte   sora wo aogeba
When I became breathless I looked up the sky
あまり に 綺麗 な   星空       で
amari ni kirei na hoshizora de
It was such beautiful starry sky
教えたく   なって気 が 付いた
oshietaku natte ki ga tsuita
I wished to tell you and then I realized
独り じゃ  気付けなかった
hitori jya kizukenakatta
I wouldn't have been able to find such beauty by myself



悩み      で  歩み   が  止まる   とき に
nayami de ayumi ga tomaru toki ni 
When worries makes you stop
君   を    照らす  光     に なりたい
kimi wo terasu hikari ni naritai 
I want to become a light to shine on you



I need you 僕    は  君    の  ため  なら
                  boku wa kimi no tame nara
I need you   For you I would
世界  の   ことわり  も   憂鬱    も   丸ごと       壊して      みせる  ぜ
sekai no kotowari mo yuutsu mo marugoto kowashite miseru ze
destroy all even if it is the world common rule or gloom
癒えない 傷   の  理由   も   声   も  いらない
ienai     kizu no wake mo koe mo iranai
The reason of your unhealed scar or voice
’cause I’m a genius
大丈夫、   ちゃんと 見つける  よ
daijyoubu chanto mitsukeru yo
It's alright  I will find it myself



ルール から  二人    逃げ  回って
rule    kara futari nige-mawatte
Escaping from the rule together 
退屈、     置いてけぼり に して
taikutsu oitekebori     ni shite
we left boredom behind
1着       には  なれなかった
icchaku niwa narenakatta
We couldn't win the race
2    着     の  僕ら     笑っていた
ni-chaku no bokura waratteta
but winning the second place made us smile



言葉    なんて  必要      ない から
kotoba nante hitsuyou nai kara
there is no need for words
そば に  いる だけ、それ だけ  で いい よ
soba ni iru   dake sore dake de  ii   yo
Staying together   That is all we need



I need you きっと 僕   の    歴史    に
                     kitto boku no rekishi ni 
I need you  I bet in my history
君    と  出 会えた 事   ほど  大きい もの     は ない ぜ
kimi to de-aeta koto hodo ookina mono wa nai ze
there is no bigger event than meeting you
どんな に 遠く、遠く    離れたって
donna ni tooku tooku hanaretatte
Even if we are far apart
’cause we’re genius
僕     は   君    を   見つける    天才   さ
boku wa kimi wo mitsukeru tensai sa
I'm a genius who can find you
忘れないで、   君    も   僕     を   見つけた    天才  さ
wasurenaide kimi mo boku wo mitsuketa tensai sa
And don't forget, you are also a genius who have found me




Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments