Jpop Recommend #414 Ghost by SHE'S

Ghost

SHE'S


Released in January 2017, this song was released as one of the songs in their 1st album, "プルーストと花束, Proust to hanataba (Proust and flower bouquet)".  This song was also used as a theme song for a movie, "めがみさま, Megami sama".

Listening to this song makes me imagine me sitting on a hilltop bench in my hometown watching mountains during sunset.   I haven't been able to visit my parent's house due to COVID19 for almost two years now.  But everyone in my family is now fully vaccinated so next week I'm finally going back!







Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


Lyrics
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

陽  の 光     に   目 が   眩んで
hi no hikari ni me ga kurande
Glaring sunshine make me go blind
瞬く         間   に  闇    に  のまれて
matataku ma ni yami ni nomarete
in an instant I was swallowed by darkness
容赦なく        訪れる    今日   に
yousyanaku otozureru kyou ni 
Today comes relentlessly
ただ  怯えて 夕暮れ   を 待って いた
tada obiete yuugure wo matte ita
I could do nothing but wait for sunset in fear


壊れて      しまえば 二度  とは
kowarete shimaeba nido towa
Once it was broken it will never
綺麗 に  元通り      には  ならない
kirei ni motodoori niwa naranai
get back cleanly to the way it was before
せめて    忘れて    しまわない    ように
semete wasurete shimawanai youni
so at least not to forget
思い出  に  鍵    を   かけられた なら
omoide ni kagi wo kakerareta nara
I wish I could lock the memory with a key


ゆらゆら  と  漂い
yurayura to tadayoi
Swaying and floating 
ここ  に いない 人   を    求め
koko ni inai      hito wo motome
searching for someone who is not here
愛 の 記憶  に    従い    彷徨う      亡霊
ai no kioku ni shitagai samayou bourei
A ghost who wonders around just following the memory of love
どこ  へ 行く の  かも 知らぬ   まま
doko e iku   no kamo shiranu mama
without knowing where to go


波     が   僕     の  足   を   呑み  込んで
nami ga boku no ashi wo nomi-konde
When waves swallow my foot
泡    の    中  に 消えて しまったら
awa no naka ni kiete shimattara
and disappear in bubbles
履き  潰した         靴    の    底   に
haki-tsubushita kutsu no soko ni 
On the bottom of worn-out shoes
やりきれない 想い  を   隠して     いた
yarikirenai   omoi wo kakushite ita
I hid my unresolved feelings


抗えない     明日   に
aragaenai ashita ni 
To inevitable tomorrow
色  褪せない あの 日々 を
iro-asenai   ano hibi wo 
those days whose colors are still so vivid
映し    出せた  ならば いくつも   の 今日   を
utsuhi-daseta naraba ikutsumo no kyou wo 
If I had been able to reflect them, many todays
救えたん   だろう な
sukuetan darou na
I could have saved 


「さようなら」を 何故  こんな に
"sayounara" wo naze konna ni 
Why so many "good-bye"
言わなきゃ  ならない  んだ
iwanakya   naranai  nda
do I have to say?
嘆き       叫んで   も     止まらない 針  が
nageki-sakende mo tomaranai hari ga
Even if I lament and cry, ticking clock won't stop
僕     に  進め     と 言う
boku ni susume to iu
and tell me to move on

ゆらゆら と   漂い
yurayura to tadayoi
Swaying and floating
不安定   でも  歩いて いくん だろう
fuantei demo aruite ikun   darou
I guess I will keep on walking even if the path may be unstable
愛 の  記憶   に  従い    彷徨う     僕ら     は
ai no kioku ni shitagai samayou bokura wa 
We wonders around just following the memory of love
どこ  へ 行く のか を 知らなくて      いい
doko e iku  noka wo shiranakutemo ii
We don't have to know where we are heading




Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments