Jpop Recommend #481 RYDEEN by Yellow Magic Orchestra

RYDEEN

Yellow Magic Orchestra


Released in June 1980, this is the band's 7th single.  Yellow Magic Orchestra, also known as YMO was made of three members, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Haruomi Hosono and Yukihiro Takahashi.  This legendary band opened a new door for me to the techno-pop world.  I still remember when I heard this song for the first time.  My older brother recommended it to me.  It sounded so strange yet oriental.  

Yukihiro Takahashi has passed away January 2023.  Rest his soul in peace...



Another masterpiece, TECHNOPOLIS






Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving a nice comment!
      Knowing that my blog may give someone a joy keeps me motivated to continue.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated. Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!