Jpop Recommend #486 Sakura no ame itsuka by Takako Matsu

桜の雨、いつか Sakura no ame itsuka

松 たか子 Takako Matsu


Released in February 2000, this is her 10th single.  This song was used as a theme song for a TV drama, "お見合い結婚, Omiai Kekkon" starred by herself.

 Even though this song was released a way before, I remember this song when March 11th comes.  Also, my heartfelt sympathies are with the bereaved families of the victims of the recent earthquake in Turkey and Syria... 

Spring is just around the corner and Sakura blossoms will be in full bloom soon... This year, I'm planning to go to "お花見 cherry blossom picnic" with my family after three years.  

If you like her voice, she has another popular spring song.  Please try her other songs like:

#174 明日、春がきたら Ashita haru ga kitara by 松 たか子 Takako Matsu
A song to bring spring
Recommended when you want to feel the start of a new life







Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation


春    の   光      に  包まれた        まま    で
haru no hikari ni tsutsumareta mama de
Surrounded in spring light
一人  息  を   ひそめ 泣いて いた
hitori iki wo hisome naite ita 
I was alone and crying silently
さよなら  も  言えず に
sayonara mo iezu ni 
Without saying good-bye
離れた    あの  人   の    面影       が  
hanareta ano hito no omokage ga 
The face of the one who left me suddenly  
何故 か   蘇る
naze ka yomigaeru 
for some reason I can't stop thinking about 



何     も  して   あげられなかった のに
nani mo shite agerarenakatta noni
I couldn't do anything but
いつも  見 守って     くれて  いた こと
itsumo mi-mamotte kurete ita koto
you were always watching and protecting me
伝えたかった   のに
tsutaetakatta noni    
I wanted to thank you
あなた は もう  何    も   答えて   くれない
anata wa mou nani mo kotaete kurenai 
You can't answer any more
遠い  人
tooi hito 
You are too far away now


ありがとう って 言ったら 永遠 に  さよなら  に なる
arigatou   tte    ittara    eien ni sayonara ni naru
If I say thank you, it might be a good-bye forever
果てしない この   旅   で どこか   で  いつか 会おう
hateshinai kono tabi de dokoka de itsuka aou 
So, I'll say, "Let's meet somewhere along this endless journey"


もっと 色んな こと  話したかった
motto ironna koto hanashitakatta
I wanted to talk with you about many more things
いつか  叶う    もの  と  思って いた
itsuka kanau mono to omotte ita
I thought I could do it in the future

安らか     な   寝顔   に 
yasuraka na negao ni 
Your peaceful sleeping face
そっと 触れた くちびる   に  こぼれて  ゆく   涙        が
sotto fureta   kuchibiru ni koborete yuku namida ga 
I softly touched with my lips while tears drop



桜        の   雨   に なる   夢     が  今   虹   を  かけてく
sakura no ame ni naru yume ga ima niji wo kaketeku
A dream to become a rain in cherry blossoms now draws a rainbow
あなた は  空    を 行く   私      を   一人   に して
anata wa sora wo iku watashi wo hitori ni shite
You go in the sky leaving me alone


永遠 の  おやすみ
eien no oyasumi
Good-night forever
ささやいて 見 上げた この  街      の    空   は  青くて
sasayaite mi-ageta kono machi no sora wa aokute
I whispered and looked up   The sky of this town was so blue


桜        の   雨   が  降る  夢     が  今   虹   を  越えてく
sakura no ame ga furu yume ga ima niji wo koeteku
A dream of rain falling in cheery blossoms is now going beyond the rainbow
あなた は   空   を  行く 私         を  一人    残して
anata wa sora wo iku watashi wo hitori nokoshite
You go in the sky leaving me alone

ありがとう って 言ったら 永遠  に さよなら   に なる
arigatou    tte  ittara      eien ni sayonara ni naru
If I say thank you, it might be a good-bye forever
果てしない この   旅   で どこか    で  いつか 会える…
hateshinai kono tabi de dokoka de itsuka aeru
So, I'll say, "Let's meet somewhere along this endless journey"




Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments