Jpop Recommend#490 Haru dorobou by Yorushika

花泥棒 Haru dorobou

ヨルシカ Yorushika


Released in January 2021, this song is 5th single that was released through online streaming.  It is also included in the EP, "創作, Sousaku".

The lyrics is like a diary.  It describes the story from the time when cherry blossoms are in full bloom until every petals fell at the end.  It makes us feel the end of spring.  This year, I've enjoyed the cherry blossoms in full bloom with my family almost after three years.  Now it's gone until next year.  We treasure Sakura because it is so rare to have an opportune moment to fully appreciate its full bloom in right weather, at right place, with right person.







Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

高架橋        を   抜けたら   雲     の   隙間   に  青  が  覗いた
koukakyou wo nuketara kumo no sukima ni ao ga nozoita 
Once I passed the overhead bridge, the blue peaked between clouds 
最近    どうも  暑い   から  ただ 風     が  吹く  のを  待ってた
saikin doumo atsui kara tada kaze ga fuku nowo matteta 
It has been warm lately so I waited for the wind to blow


木陰     に  座る
kokage ni suwaru 
I sat under the shadow of a tree
何か     頬      に 付く
nanika hoho ni tsuku
Something fell on my cheeks
見  上げれば  頭上    に 咲いて 散る
mi-agereba zujyou ni saite   chiru 
When I looked up, it was blossomed over my head and fell

はらり、僕ら     もう  息 も   忘れて
harari   bokura mou iki mo wasurete 
Falling gently one by one that made us forget to breathe
瞬き        さえ 億劫
matataki sae okkuu
I spare the time to blink my eyes
さぁ、今日  さえ  明日 過去 に 変わる
Saa    kyou sae asu kako ni kawaru 
Now, even today will be gone tomorrow
ただ  風    を   待つ
tada kaze wo matsu 
I just wait for the wind to blow
だから   僕ら    もう   声  も    忘れて
dakara bokura mou koe mo wasurete 
And we almost forget to say a word
さよなら さえ  億劫
sayonara sae okkuu
spare the time to say good-bye
ただ  花     が 降る だけ  晴れり
tada hana ga furu dake hareri 
Just watching the flowers to fall under the sunshine
今、 春     吹雪
ima haru fubuki
Now it is the spring blizzard
次     の 日  も   待ち合わせ
tsugi no hi mo machiawase 
On a next day, we promised to meet again
花見      の   客     も   少なく       なった
hanami no kyaku mo sukunaku natta 
There is fewer people  out on a picnic to watch sakura
春     の 匂い は  もう  止む
haru no nioi wa mou yamu 
The scent of spring will soon stop
今年      も   夏     が   来る  のか
kotoshi mo natsu ga kuru noka 
Summer will come again this year


高架橋        を  抜けたら    道    の   先   に 君   が   覗いた
koukakyou wo nuketara michi no saki ni kimi ga nozoita 
Once I passed the overhead bridge, ahead of the road you peaked 
残り    は  どれ   だけ   かな
nokori wa dore dake kana
I wonder how many still remains
どれ  だけ  春    に 会える だろう
dore dake haru ni aeru   darou
How many spring will I meet?


川    沿い の   丘、  木陰   に  座る
kawa-zoi no oka kokage ni suwaru 
On a hill alongside the river, I sat under the tree
また   昨日   と  変わらず   今日  も  咲く   花    に、
mata kinou to kawarazu kyou mo saku hana ni 
Again same as yesterday flowers bloom today

僕ら    もう   息  も  忘れて
bokura mou iki mo wasurete 
we almost forgot to breathe
瞬き       さえ 億劫
matataki sae okkuu
I spare the time to blink my eyes
花     散らせ   今   吹く   この   嵐      は
hana chirase ima fuku kono arashi wa 
This storm that blows now and makes flowers fall
まさに   春       泥棒
masani haru dorobou
I call it the spring robber


風    に  今日  も  もう  時   が   流れて
kaze ni kyou mo mou toki ga nagarete 
Winds made us forget the time to pass today again
立つ  こと  さえ 億劫
tatsu koto sae okkuu
I spare the time to stand up
花     の   隙間    に  空、散れり
hana no sukima ni sora chireri
Between flowers sky has scattered 
まだ、春      吹雪
mada haru fubuki
It is still the spring blizzard


今日   も 会い に 行く
kyou mo ai   ni iku
Today again I came to meet 
木陰     に  座る
kokage ni suwaru 
I sat under the tree
溜息      を  吐く
tameiki wo haku 
I gave a sigh
花     も  もう  終わる
hana mo mou owaru 
Flower bloom will end soon
明日 も 会い に  行く
asu mo ai    ni iku
I will go see them again tomorrow


春     が もう  終わる
haru ga mou owaru 
Spring will end soon
名残る   ように 時間   が  散って いく
nagoru youni   jikan ga chitte iku
As if to lament the last moment, the time has passed quickly


愛 を  歌えば    言葉   足らず
ai wo utaeba kotoba-tarazu 
If I sing of love, my words can't express enough
踏む  韻 さえ 億劫
fumu in sae okkuu
I even spare the time to read the rhyme 
花      開いた 今   を   言葉      如き   が   語れる    もの   か
hana hiraita ima wo kotoba gotoki ga katareru mono ka 
How can I describe the moment when flowers are in full bloom with just a few words?

はらり、僕ら   もう  声   も    忘れて
harari bokura mou koe mo wasurete 
Falling gently one by one, and we almost forget to say a word
瞬き       さえ  億劫
matataki sae okkuu
I spare the time to blink my eyes

花見      は   僕ら     だけ
hanami wa bokura dake
We are the only one out watching sakura blossoms
散るな    まだ、春     吹雪
chiruna mada haru fubuki
Don't fall just yet   Spring blizzard


あともう   少し     だけ
ato mou sukoshi dake
Only a few flowers left
もう  数えられる    だけ
mou kazoerareru dake
Only the number I can count with my fingers left
あと 花    二つ      だけ
ato hana futatsu dake
Only two more flowers left
もう  花     一つ     だけ
mou hana hitotsu dake
Only one more flower left

ただ 葉  が  残る     だけ、はらり
tada ha ga nokoru dake harari 
Only the leaves remains... and the last one fell suddenly
今、春     仕舞い
ima haru-jimai
Now the spring has ended





Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments