Jpop Recommend #494 Egao no yukue by Dreams Come True

笑顔の行方 egao no yukue
Dreams Come True


Released in February 1990, this song is their 5th single.  With this song's hit, the band made the first appearance in that year's 紅白歌合戦, (Koh-haku utagassen).

Even though the song was released more than 30 years ago, it always cheers me up.  It brings back fun memories from the past.

If you like their song, please try their other songs like:

#184 うれしい!楽しい!大好き! Ureshii! Tanoshii! Daisuki!
by ドリームス・カム・トゥルー DREAMS COME TRUE
”Classic" popular love song of "ドリカム dori-camu"
Recommended when you're feeling low

#127 未来予想図II Mirai Yosouzu II by 
ドリームス・カム・トゥルー Dreams Come True
Popular wedding song by "ドリカム, Dori-camu"
Recommended to listen when you realize the importance of someone next to you

#50 LOVE LOVE LOVE by Dreams Come True
A song of love
Recommended when you need the power of love to keep you warm








Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

卒業        アルバム の 最初     の  春    の  ページ
sotsugyo album  no  saisho no haru no page
On a graduation album, the first page of spring
無邪気   に   笑う    私        が いる
mujyaki ni warau watashi ga iru 
I was smiling so innocently

I Just Wanna Hold You
Just Wanna Be Your Side
Just Wanna Hold You
I Wanna Be Your Side

思いきり 抱きしめたい
omoikiri dakishimetai 
I just hold you so tight
この   腕   を   のばして
kono ude wo nobashite 
by reaching out this hands


髪      を  上手    に  編める ように なって
kami wo jyouzu ni ameru youni natte
I can beads my hair well now
マニキユア だって うまく    塗れる  わ
manicure  datte   umaku nureru wa 
I can do manicure much better now
もう あの  頃   の    私       じゃない
mou ano koro no watashi jyanai 
I'm not the one I used to be at that time
同じ  笑顔  は    できなくても
onaji egao wa dekinakutemo
Even though I can't smile the same way now

手 を  のばす   勇気   に 換えた
te wo nobasu yuuki ni kaeta 
I changed it to the courage to reach out the hand
ベクトル の 行方  は
vector  no yukue wa
the direction of the vector is 
あなた だけ に 向かって いる
anata dake ni mukatte iru 
going toward you only 
まっすぐ  に
massugu ni 
going straight


たった 一言     が いつも   言えなくて
tatta hitokoto ga itsumo ienakute 
It's just one word, but I couldn't say it 
泣いて ばかり の  私        を   消した
naite  bakari no watashi wo keshita 
Now I erase myself who was always crying
何     も 失くして    など  いない
nani mo nakushite nado inai 
I didn't lose anything
同じ  笑顔   は   できなくても
onaji egao wa dekinakutemo
Even though I can't smile the same way

きっと 言える きっと  届く
kitto   ieru     kitto todoku
I can say it now  It will reach you
会いたい 夜    も  会えない 夜    も   超えて
aitai      yoru mo aenai   yoru mo koete 
after nights I miss you and nights I can't see you 

思いきり 抱きしめたい
omoikiri dakishimetai 
I just want to hold you so tight
この   腕   を   のばして
kono ude wo nobashite 
by reaching out this hands
あなた だけ が  握って いる
anata dake ga nigitte iru 
Only you know 
この  笑顔  の  行方    を…
kono egao no yukue wo 
how this smile will become

今   なら もっと   素直  に  笑える
ima nara motto sunao ni waraeru 
Now I can smile without any reservation
最初     の 春    に  負けない くらい
saisho no haru ni makenai kurai
Just like a smile of the first spring






Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments