Jpop Recommend #495 Maji de Koi suru 5 byou mae by Ryoko Hirosue

MajiでKoiする5秒前 
Maji de koi suru 5 byou mae

広末 涼子 Ryoko Hirosue


Released in April 1997, this is her first single.  This song was written and composed by Mariya Takeuchi.  Being an actress, she also sings well.  This song made a great hit while she was just 17 years old with cuteness overboard.  She is still active in her acting career now.  

Whenever I listen to this song, it makes me cheer up.  I hope you feel the same way, too.






Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

ボーダー の Tシャツ     の  裾    から  のぞく   おへそ
border  no Tee-shirts no suso kara nozoku oheso
Striped T-shirt that is short enough to show a little of the navel 
しかめ     顔  の    ママ   の   背中     すり 抜けて やって来た
shikame-kao no mama no senaka suri-nukete yattekita 
Slipped past my mum's frowning face, I came here
渋谷      は  ちょっと 苦手     初めて    の  待ち合わせ
shibuya wa chotto  nigate hajimete no machiawase
I'm not so fond of Shibuya  This is our first meet-up
人波        を  かきわけ   ながら  
hitonami wo kakiwake nagara 
Walking through the wave of crowds  
すべり込んだ    5  分   前
suberikonda  go-fun mae 
I barely made it 5 minutes before the time


ずっと 前    から  彼    の こと  好き だった 
zutto mae kara kare no koto suki datta 
I've been in love with him for some time 
誰   より  も
dare yori mo 
and my feeling is stronger than anyone else 
やっと 私         に 来た チャンス 逃がせない  の
yatto watashi ni kita  chance   nogasenai no 
Finally a chance came to me and I can't lose it
“ゴメン!"と  笑いかけて    走り      寄る まなざし     に
"gomen" to waraikakete hashiri-yoru manazashi ni 
"Sorry!", you said while running toward me with a smile  
Maji で Koi しちゃい そうな 
maji de koi shichai   souna 
I felt like I seriously fall in love with the way you look at me 
約束          の  5  秒     前
yakusoku no go-byou mae 
at 5 seconds before the promised time



子供       じみた  趣味   だと あなた は  からかう けど
kodomo-jimita syumi dato anata wa karakau kedo
You tease me that it was a childish thing to do, but 
ふたり で  写す    プリクラ  は   何より   の    宝物
futari de utsusu purikura wa naniyori no takaramono
the photo of us by Purikura (Photo booth) will be my treasure 
かに 座 の    女の子    って どこか     少し     大胆
kani-za no onnanoko tte dokoka sukoshi daitan 
A girl of a Cancer can act somewhat a bit boldly 
さり気なく  腕     を  からめて   公園    通り を   歩く
sarigenaku ude wo karamete kouen-dori wo aruku
I casually put my arm around him and we walked the Park avenue


もっと 知りたい 彼   の  こと ライバル に 差 を  つけて
motto shiritai  kare no koto rival     ni sa wo tsukete 
I want to know more about him so that my rivals can't catch me
そっと 耳もと      で ささやく   “大好き  よ" と
sotto mimimoto de sasayaku "daisuki yo" to 
I softly whisper to his ears, "I'm so in love with you"
恋  が  始まる     予感    あなた も   感じる  でしょ
koi ga hajimaru yokan anata mo kanjiru desho 
The beginning of a love do you feel it, too?
Maji で Kaiた ラブ レター  渡す    その  5   秒     前
maji de kaita love letter watasu sono go-byou mae 
It was 5 seconds before I hand my seriously-written love letter to him


あっと いう ま  に 日 が   暮れて さよなら   の 時   が 来る
atto     iu   ma ni hi ga kurete sayonara no toki ga kuru 
The sun sets so quickly and the time to say goodbye draws near
グッと くる セリフ  探して     黙り込んだ
gutto kuru serifu sagashite damarikonda
I became silent searching for a line that will touch you
“今度   は いつ  会える?"と  ふい に 聞いた あなた が
"kondo wa itsu aeru?"   to  fui  ni kiita     anata ga 
Suddenly you asked me, "When will I see you again?"
Maji で Kiss を くれた   のは   門限     の   5    秒    前
maji de kiss wo kureta nowa mongen no go-byou mae  
and you gave me a serious kiss 5 seconds before the curfew
Maji で Konya  眠れない     真夜中       の 5    秒     前
maji de kon-ya nemurenai mayonaka no go-byou mae 
Seriously I can't sleep tonight  It's 5 seconds before midnight
真夜中        の  5   秒      前
mayonaka no go-byou mae 
5 seconds before midnight






Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments