Jpop Recommend #497 Michishirube by Masayuki Suzuki

道導 Michishirube
鈴木 雅之 Masayuki Suzuki


Released in April 2023, this song is included in his new album, ”SOUL NAVIGATION".  This song was produced by AYASE, who is a leading composer of recent jpop and a member of YOASOBI.  It is a good example of perfect combination between experienced singer with young and talented composer.  
If you read through the lyrics, you can imagine many stories from this song.  

Masayuki Suzuki, also known as "Martin", was born in 1956 so he will be 67 years old this year.  His career started as a leader of a chorus group, CHANELS(later changed its name to SHANELS and then, RATS & STAR).  The group gained a popularity in the 80's and then he started his career as a solo singer since 1986.

He has bee known as a king of love ballad but lately he is recognized in the anime song arena.







Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

無駄   な  こと  は  ね
muda na koto wa ne 
Doing something useless
人間     に しか  できない の
ningen ni shika dekinai no 
Only human can do 
いつか 君    が  話して     いた こと
itsuka kimi ga hanashite ita koto 
That what you told me once
冗談    みたい に 笑って
Jyodan mitai ni waratte 
You laughed it off as if it was just a joke
目   を 閉じて 見せた
me wo tojite miseta 
and closed your eyes
あれ は 誰    の   為    の    言葉    なの
are wa dare no tame no kotoba nano 
I wonder for whom those words were for?


目覚まし      より も
mezamashi yori mo 
Before the alarm clock rings
先    に 起きれば
saki ni okireba 
If I've been up
支度     を 済ませた      君   に  出会えた
shitaku wo sumaseta kimi ni deaeta 
I would have been able to catch you ready to go
指先        だけ を    軽く    揺らした
yubisaki dake wo karuku yurashita 
You waved slightly only with finger tips
またね   に 寝ぼけ      眼       で  返した
matane ni neboke-manako de kaeshita 
I waved back to your "see you" with my eyes half-sleep
昨日   の こと   の  ように 思い 出す
kinou no koto no youni omoi-dasu
I still remember the scene like yesterday
あれ から  またね     の 続き     は  ない ね
are  kara  matane no tsuzuki wa nai ne 
We haven't done another "see you" after that
そんな もん  だった よな  僕ら
sonna mon datta yona bokura
We were in such a relationship


ただ   眠りたい
tada nemuritai 
I just want to sleep
君     と 眠りたい
kimi to nemuritai 
I want to sleep with you
遊び    疲れて
asobi tsukarete 
Being tired after playing hard
深く   落ちて  いきたい
fukaku ochite ikitai 
I want to fall asleep so deep
忘れたい
wasuretai 
I want to forget
君     を 忘れたい
kimi wo wasuretai 
I want to forget you
便り    の ない  毎日     に
tayori no nai mainichi ni 
Days go by without your mail
まだ   気 も  そぞろ
mada ki mo sozoro 
I kept thinking of you
晴れない   心
harenai kokoro 
My heart remains cloudy
それ  すら 君   に  すれば
sore sura kimi ni sureba 
Those things from your point of view
駄   な  こと  なんでしょう
muda na koto nandesyou
are useless, aren't they?



雨      雨  降れ  降れ
ame ame fure fure 
Fall rain, fall rain
激しく        打ち 付けて
hageshiku uchi-tsukete 
Pour on the ground
心地      の 良い ノイズ で  包んで     くれ よ
kokochi no yoi noise de tsutsunde kure yo 
and wrap me with comfortable drumming noise
雨     雨    降れ  降れ
ame ame fure fure 
Fall rain, fall rain
優しく       しなくて    いい
yasashiku shinakute  ii 
Don't be gentle with me
無下   に  洗い 流して
muge ni arai-nagashite 
just drain it away without hesitation


ただ  眠りたい
tada nemuritai 
I just want to sleep
今   は   眠りたい
ima wa nemuritai 
All I need is a sleep
夢      も  見ぬ  ほど
yume mo minu hodo 
so deep that I won't dream
深く    落ちて いきたい
fukaku ochite ikitai 
I want to fall asleep so deep
始まる     こと  も  ない なら
hajimaru koto mo nai nara
If our relationship is not chance to start
必要       の  ない 恋 だった の かな
hitsuyou no nai koi datta no kana 
it was a love that was unnecessary, I wonder


でも   ね  無駄  じゃない
demo ne muda jyanai
But it wasn't a useless love
決して  無駄   じゃない
keshite muda jyanai
definitely not useless
何     に なれず とも  そう  思えるん  だよ
nani ni narezu tomo sou omoerun dayo
Even if we can't become something I can still think that way
忘れない
wasurenai
I won't forget
ずっと 忘れない
zutto wasurenai
I won't forget forever
飾り    の  ない 会話  の  中
kazari no nai kaiwa no naka
In simple and honest conversation 
忍ばせた       この  想い  に  君    は
shinobaseta kono omoi ni kimi wa 
my feeling was hidden but 
気付いて しまって いたん だろう
kizuite   shimatte itan   darou
you must've noticed it
悪い    のは   僕    の  方   だね
warui nowa boku no hou dane
It was me who has done wrong
一度    だけ で  いい
ichido dake de  ii
Only once
あの 夜    の  こと  ふと 思い出して   くれたら
ano yoru no koto futo omoidashite kuretara
If you could remember about that night
それ だけ  で いい
sore dake de ii
It is all I need from you






Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments