Jpop Recommend #500 Shirushi by Mr. Children

しるし Shirushi

Mr. Children

Released in November 2006, this is the band's 29th single.  Being one of the most popular jpop bands for decades, M
r. Children (aka ミスチル=misuchiru) brought us many hit songs. 

This song was used as a theme song for a drama, ”14才の母, 14-sai no haha".
According to Wiki, Kazutoshi Sakurai, the vocal once said that he wrote this song thinking of his beloved pet, squirrel monkey.  He also said that this love song can be interpreted as a story of two people who have grown in love, or a story of two people who are going apart.

If you like their song, please try other songs like: 

#456 Hanabi by Mr. Children
Jpop classic for summer that will give you courage
Recommended to listen when you lost confidence in yourself

#210 Sign by Mr. Children
Pure love ballad by one of the best-known Jpop bands with 28 years of history
Recommended when you need warmth against the strong wind

#166 Tomorrow Never Knows by Mr. Children
One of the most popular songs in the 90's
Recommend for everyone who have anxiety for the future










Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

最初     から こう なる  こと が 決まって  いた みたい に
saisho kara kou naru koto ga kimatte  ita   mitai   ni 
From the start as if it was destined to turn out this way
違う    テンポ  で   刻む     鼓動 を   互い  が  聞いてる
chigau tempo de kizamu kodo wo tagai ga kiiteru 
two hearts that beat different tempo listen to each other
どんな  言葉     を  選んでも
donna kotoba wo erandemo 
Whichever the word I choose
どこか   嘘   っぽいんだ
dokoka uso ppoinda
it doesn't feel right 
左脳    に 書いた 手紙
sanou ni kaita   tegami 
a letter drawn in my left-brain
ぐちゃぐちゃ に 丸めて        捨てる
guchagucha ni marumete suteru 
I throw it away in a messy bundle

心       の   声   は    君   に 届く     の  かな?
kokoro no koe wa kimi ni todoku no kana?
I wonder if my inner voice will reach you?
沈黙         の   歌  に 乗って・・・
chinmoku no uta ni notte 
through the song in silence


ダーリン ダーリン
Darling   Darling
いろんな 角度      から   君 を   見て  きた
ironna   kakudo kara kimi wo mite kita 
I have been watching you from various angles
その   どれも  が   素晴らしくて
sono doremo ga subarashikute
You look wonderful in each angle
僕     は 愛  を  思い   知るんだ
boku wa ai wo omoi shirunda 
and I learn what love is
「半信半疑     = 傷つかない    為     の    予防線」   を
"hanshinhangi kizutsukanai tame no yobousen" wo 
"Being semi-confident is a defensive line to avoid being hurt"
今、微妙な       ニュアンス で
ima bimyouna nuance    de 
Now in a very vague nuance
君     は  示そう    と  している
kimi wa shimesou to shiteir
you were trying to show it to me


「同じ 顔    を してる」と
"onaji kao wo shiteru" to 
"You look similar"
誰か     が 冷やかした    写真
dareka ga hiyakashita shashin 
Someone teased me by showing the photo 
僕ら      は 似ている のかなぁ?
bokura wa niteiru   nokanaa?
Do we look alike?
それ とも   似てきた のかなぁ?
sore tomo nitekita nokanaa?
Or is it because like minds gather?


面倒くさい   って 思う  くらい に
mendokusai tte omou kurai ni 
I sometimes thought it was too much of a bother
真面目   に 向き 合って いた
majime ni muki-atte ita 
because I took you so seriously
軽はずみ      だった 自分  を
karuhazumi datta jibun wo 
I used to be much more careless 
うらやましく    なる  ほど  に
urayamashiku naru hodo ni 
I envy my former indiscretion

心         
の  声   は  誰    が   聞く こと も ない
kokoro no koe wa dare ga kiku koto mo nai 
My inner voice will not be heard by anyone
それ も  いい その ほう  が いい
sore mo ii    sono hou ga  ii
That's alright That's the way it should be

ダーリン ダーリン
Darling   Darling
いろんな 顔  を   持つ    君    を 知ってる よ
ironna  kao wo motsu kimi wo shitteru yo 
I know you have many different faces
何     を して   過ごして   いたって
nani wo shite sugoshite itatte 
No matter what I do
思い出して     苦しく       なるんだ
omoidashite kurushiku narunda
I think of you and it hurts me so
カレンダー に  記入した
calendar   ni kinyuushita 
Marked in my calendar 
いくつも   の  記念日  より
ikutsumo no kinenbi yori
many anniversaries
小刻み     に 鮮明     に  僕     の  記憶    を   埋め   尽くす
kokizami ni senmei ni boku no kiooku wo ume-tsukusu
won't fill my memories more frequently nor vividly than you

泣いたり  笑ったり
naitari   warattari 
Crying and laughing
不安定  な  想い   だけど
fuantei na omoi dakedo
my feelings are so unstable
それ が    君  と  僕     の しるし
sore ga kimi to boku no shirushi 
but that is a sign between you and me

ダーリン ダーリン
Darling   Darling
いろんな 角度    から  君   を  見て きた
ironna kakudo kara kimi wo mite kita 
I have been watching you from many different angles
共     に 生きれない 日 が 来たって
tomo ni ikirenai     hi ga kitatte 
Even if the day comes when we can't live together
どうせ   愛して しまう   と  思うんだ
douose aishite shimau to omounda
I bet I will still fall in love with you
ダーリン ダーリン Oh My darling
Darling  Darling
狂おしく      鮮明     に  僕    の   記憶 を  埋め    つくす
kuruoshiku senmei ni boku no kioku wo ume-tsukusu 
You fill my memories so vividly that will make me go crazy

ダーリン ダーリン
Darling  Darling





Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments