Jpop Recommend #376 Millennials~just I thought by I Don't Like Mondays.

ミレニアルズ~just I thought
Millennials
~just I thought

I Don't Like Mondays.


Just released in December 2020, the song is like a perfect theme song for SDGs.  I've been watching this band since 2015 and I liked their stylish and urban party tunes.  But with this song I see their new face.  The tune is very simple so the straight forward lyrics make strong impact on our mind.

Millennials means a generation of people who are born between 1981 and reach their 20s after 2000.  They are digital-native generations of their early 20s and late 30s.  I personally think they are more conscious of the environment and social improvement than older generations.  I hope this song will reach many millennials.

If you like their song, try their other songs like "Girlfriend", "We are young", and "TONIGHT".  You will be surprised to see the difference.





Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Lyrics
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

テレビ の  向こう  で 怒り に  満ちた     少女    が
Televi no mukou de ikari ni michita shoujyo ga
Over the TV screen, a girl in anger
涙         を   浮かべて 訴えてたんだ
namida wo ukabete uttaetetanda
was pleading with her eyes in tears
「世界  は   今  苦しみ        死にかけて いる のに
"sekai wa ima kurushimi shinikakete iru noni
"The world is now suffering and dying, but
知らぬ  ふり の 大人   たち…」
shiranu furi no otona tachi
adults keep ignoring the fact..."

多分    そこ  には
tabun soko niwa
Maybe in that sense
僕     と 言う  男     も    含まれてた
boku to iu    otoko mo fukumareteta
I was one of those adults

見  上げた  空   には  いつも   通り     雲    が
mi-ageta sora niwa itsumo-doori kumo ga
As I look up the sky, as always clouds
ゆるやかに     形     変えて  いたんだ
yuruyakani katachi kaete itanda
were gradually changing their shape
隣       には  貴方  が   夢中     で   本   を  読んでる
tonari niwa anata ga muchuu de hon wo yonderu
Next to me you were absorbed in a book
この  穏やか    な  日々 も
kono odayaka na hibi mo
These days that calmly pass

当たり 前   だと  思っちゃ  いけない よな
atari-mae dato omoccha ikenai    yona
we shouldn't take it for granted, should we?
今   も   何処か  で 誰か      が  泣いて いる
ima mo dokoka de dareka ga naite     iru
Even in this moment, somewhere someone is crying
いつ の 日 か   僕ら     にも   子供     が  できた と して
itsu no hi ka bokura nimo kodomo ga dekita to shite
Someday when we have children
その   子 ら も    幸せ       だって 思える   未来   を
sono ko-ra mo shiawase datte omoeru mirai wo 
The future those children can feel happiness
他      でも  ない  僕    たち  が   今  ちゃんと しなくちゃ  な
hoka demo nai boku-tachi ga ima chanto shinakucha na
We are the one who should act now to deliver 
あの 子 だって 頑張らないで    笑える   世界 へ
ano ko datte ganbaranaide waraeru sekai e
the world that even that girl can smile without trying
 
変えてかなくちゃ な
kaetekanakucha na
We should make the change
変えてかなくちゃ な
kaetekanakucha na
We should make the change

未来  の  君     も   僕    と  同じ  ように
mirai no kimi mo boku to onaji youni
So that just like me, you in the future
誰か     を  愛せる ように
dareka wo aiseru youni
will be able to love someone

いつ の 日 か  子供       にも     子供    が  できた と して
itsu no hi ka kodomo nimo kodomo ga dekita to shite
Someday when our children have children
その   子 ら も    幸せ       だって  思える  未来 を
sono ko-ra mo shiawase datte omoeru mirai wo 
The future in which they can feel happiness
他     でも   ない 僕     たち  の   責任   なの    かも   な
hoka demo nai boku-tachi no sekinin nano kamo na
It is no one but us who has the responsibility
次     の  世代  に この    胸    張って 誇れる    自分  へ
tsugi no sedai ni kono mune hatte hokoreru jibun e
To be proud of ourselves against the next generation

変えてかなくちゃ  な
kaetekanakucha na
We should make the change
変えてかなくちゃ  な
kaetekanakucha na
We should make the change
連れてかなくちゃ  な
tsuretekanakucha na
We should bring them 





Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments

  1. I love this blog! Thank you so much for all the great contant, I'm obsessed with pop culture so this is right up my alley! I was wondering about something, my name is Joakim Kleven, I’m a filmmaker / influencer from Norway who loves to make documentaries and music videos. I have made three songs/music videos by myself, and hopefully I can make more in the future! :D I am very fascinated by japanese culture and music, and a big dream of mine is to one day live in Japan and work as an artist and director. Something I was wondering about: Is this a also a website were you can pitch/ send in music that you have made? It would have been so cool to try and build up a new audience, but I don’t know where to start.
    Thank you so much for your help and time!

    MUSICVIDEOS:

    Joakim Kleven - Generation 2.0
    https://youtu.be/FrNDwhu8-ak

    Joakim Kleven - HypnotisM:
    https://youtu.be/sRz0ABU67VI

    Joakim Kleven - Scream It Out:
    https://youtu.be/LHgey2mggXE

    Instagram:
    www.instagram.com/joakimkleven/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for leaving the comment. I'm happy to know thay you liked my blog.
    I don't know about the uploading site for your original music but you've already uploaded your music on youtube. That's a good start, I think. Best of luck to you for your success!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated. Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!