Jpop Recommend #464 Velvet no uta by back number

ベルベットの詩 Velvet no uta

back number


Released in August 2022, this song is the band's 5th single released only through online streaming.  This song is used as a theme song of a movie, "
アキラとあきら, Akira to Akira".

I like the tune and the music video perfectly matches the lyrics.  Hopefully, as the video shows, there will be a beautiful sunny day after cloudy skies.


If you like the band, please try their other songs like:

#107 クリスマスソング Christmas song by back number
This year's No.1 winter song
Recommended for all the boys and girls in love

#423 Heroine by back number
Perfect song for Christmas
Recommended to listen on a snowy night



Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation


心         が  擦り 切れて  ギシギシ   と 軋む       音   が
kokoro ga suri-kirete    gishigishi to kishimu oto ga 
My heart is worn out and make a creaking sound
聞こえない ように  大きな  声   で 歌おう
kikoenai    youni  ookina koe de utaou
but I will sing out loud so as to drown out that noise

理不尽 が  多すぎて  いつの間にか  それ に 慣れて
rifujin ga oosugite itsunomanika sore ni narete
Too many absurdities for too long makes us numb
僕     は  自由   だ  と  もう 忘れて     しまいそう
boku wa jiyuu da to mou wasurete shimaisou
I almost forget that I am free from anything


ああ  うるさく  拙く
Ah   urusaku  tsutanaku
Ah noisily yet awkwardly
産声      の  ように 遠く   響け
ubugoe no youni tooku hibike
like the cry of a newborn child, let my voice echo far and wide

あるがまま    の   姿      で  自分   の  まま   で  生き させて
arugamama no sugata de jibun no mama de iki  sasete
as natural self, let me live just the way I am
決して    楽    では ない が  きっと 人生   は   素晴らしい
keshite raku dewa nai ga kitto   jinsei wa subarashii
Maybe it is not an easy thing to do but life can be wonderful

青くさい  なんて 青くさい  綺麗事    だって 言われ ても
aokusai nante   aokusai  kireigoto datte iware   temo 
What an idealistic view, it is just an ideal they might say 
いいんだ  夢    見る   空     は  いつ だって 青  一色     で いい
iinda     yume miru sora wa itsu datte   ao isshoku de ii
But it's OK, when you dream, the sky must be in all blue



恐れない  人    は いない  追いかけて 来る   震え   を
osorenai hito wa inai     oikakete   kuru furue wo 
There is no one that has no fear   Trembles are chasing us
振り   解く   ように  誰も     が  走って   いる
furi-hodoku youni daremo ga hashitte iru
Everyone is running so as to shake off that fear
人    が  さ  繊細   で
hito ga sa sensai de 
Human being is so delicate
でも   とても    残酷      だって こと
demo totemo zankoku datte koto 
but at the same time very cruel
僕     も   そう だと  実   は  もう  知って いる
boku mo sou dato jitsu wa mou shitte iru
I am one of them I knew it already


ああ  嫌   だ  悲しい ね
ah    iya da  kashii ne 
Ah, I hate it and it makes me sad
痛み  を    抱きしめて     進め
itami wo dakishimete susume 
but move on while holding that pain


ある が まま    の   姿      で  じぶん の まま   で  生き  させて
aru ga mama no sugata de jibun no mama de iki   sasete 
as natural self, let me live just the way I am
正直者            は  馬鹿  を  見る   が  きっと 人生   は   素晴らしい
shoujikimono wa baka wo miru ga   kitto  jinsei wa subarashii
The honest will be fooled but life can be wonderful
下らない   なんて   下らない  
kudaranai nante kudaranai 
What a waste, there is no point doing it
無駄   な   こと だって 言われ ても
muda na koto datte   iware  temo 
Even if everyone says that is useless
いいんだ  下   を 見ないで  
iinda    shita wo minaide 
That's OK, don't look below
ひたすら  登って   行け たら いい
hitasura nobotte ike   tara  ii
We just climb up no matter what


心         が  擦り 切れて  ギシギシ   と 軋む       音   が
kokoro ga suri-kirete    gishigishi to kishimu oto ga 
My heart is worn out and make a creaking sound
聞こえない ように  大きな  声   で 歌おう
kikoenai    youni  ookina koe de utaou
but I will sing out loud so as to drown out that noise


あるがまま    の   姿      で  自分   の  まま   で  生き させて
arugamama no sugata de jibun no mama de iki  sasete
as natural self, let me live just the way I am
努力       は   実り   づらい が  きっと 人生  は  素晴らしい
doryoku wa minori zurai ga   kitto jinsei wa subarashii
Hard work doesn't always pay off but life can be wonderful
泥くさい  なんて   泥くさい
dorokusai nante dorokusai
What a time-consuming, not a smart way to do, (they might say, but)
だから  こそ   綺麗 な  綺麗 な  虹   を
dakara koso kirei na kirei na niji wo 
That's why beautiful beautiful rainbows
見つける    権利   が ある
mitsukeru kenri ga aru
I earn a right to find


音   が さ  外れ     ても
oto ga sa hazure temo 
Even the sound is out of tune
たとえ 口      塞がれても
tatoe kuchi fusagaretemo 
Even my mouth is covered
僕     は   僕    だと  自分    の 声   で 歌おう
boku wa boku dato jibun no koe de utaou 
I will sing with my own voice that I am what I am 
代わり  は  いない と  自分   の  声  で  歌おう
kawari wa inai     to jibun no koe de utaou
There is no one who can replace me I will sing with my own voice




Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments