Jpop Recommend #492 Aoi Haru no Etude feat. Haruko Nagaya by TOKYO SKA PARADISE ORCHESTRA

青い春のエチュード feat.長屋晴子 (緑黄色社会) / 
Aoi Haru no Etude feat. Haruko Nagaya (Ryokuoshoku syakai)
TOKYO SKA PARADISE ORCHESTRA


Released in March 2023, this song was first released through online streaming and then recorded in the album, "JUNK or GEM".

You may already know because I recommended this band before, but TOKYO SKA PARADISE ORCHESTRA is a ska band which often collaborate with singers from outside.  This time, they welcomed Haruko Nagaya from Ryokuoshoku syakai.  She is known for her powerful voice and this time she also performs trombone.

The lyrics are a bit sentimental but the tune is uplifting and her beautiful voice matches well with the song.

I think I explained about the meaning of "青い春” a blue spring in other articles as it was used in other lyrics.  It literally means "Blue Spring" but in Japanese when you put two Kanji together like "青春", it means the youth.  



If you like this song, please try their other songs like: 

#432 キャラクター Character by 緑黄色社会 Ryokuoushoku shakai
Cheerful song that will lift up your mood
Recommended when you feel down and weary

#323 美しく燃える森 Utsukushiku moeru mori by 東京スカパラダイスオーケストラ Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra
Ska tune that will cheer you up and enliven your mood
Recommended to listen when feel cold









Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

青い 春    は 恋   の はじまり
aoi haru wa koi no hajimari
(When you enter the youth), 
Blue Spring is a season to start having a feeling for someone else
失恋        の  手前     に いる
shitsuren no temae ni iru
and is a season just about to break my heart


頑張って   ね って 声  かけて
ganbatte ne tte koe kakete
I said, "Go for it"
楽しい    ね って 笑い  かけた
tanoshii ne tte warai kaketa
and added with a smile, "It's fun, isn't it?"
それ  は  想像     の    中    での こと
sore wa souzou no naka deno koto 
That only happened in my imagination
ほんと は  わたし   が  言われたいんだ
honto wa watashi ga iwaretainda
Actually, it was me who would like to be told to


遠く   から  見て いた のに
tooku kara mite ita noni
I want to look at you from a distance
遠近法      を  無視   した  ように
enkinhou wo mushi shita youni
but as if to ignore the perspective,
あなた だけ が  近い    の
anata dake ga chikai no 
only you look so close to me



たった 一度  それ   だけ で  戻れなく       なる  の
tatta ichido sore dake de modorenaku naru no 
Once I start, I won't be able to go back
きっと 耐えられない 好き なの
kitto   taerarenai   suki nano
I bet I can't stand it  because I like you so much


始まって   も  いない のに 壊れちゃい   そう
hajimatte mo inai   noni kowarechai sou
Before it even starts, I feel like it is already about to break
その   まま   振り 向かない  で 
sono mama furi-mukanai de 
So keep it up and don't look back 



始まった    なら  終わっちゃう ね
hajimatta nara owacchau     ne
If it starts, I'm sure it will end
卒業        する  まで   この  距離   が いい
sotsugyo suru made kono kyori ga ii
so I'd rather keep this distance until we graduate
眠り       続ける     あなた を
nemuri tsuzukeru anata wo 
While you sleep
じっと 見て  いる 子猫   みたい に
Jitto   mite  iru koneko mitai ni 
I'll be like a cat gazing on you
この   まま   で  いたい の
kono mama de itai     no 
I prefer to keep our relationship as it is



昔          誰か    が  夜    の    光    を   星    と  呼んだ ように
mukashi dareka ga yoru no hikari wo hoshi to yonda youni
Long time ago someone called the lights of the night as "stars"
告白        未遂   の    片     思い
kokuhaku misui no kata-omoi 
one-sided love with no attempted confession 
それ   を 恋  と  呼んで いい  の?
sore wo koi to yonde   ii     no ?
Shall I call it love?


ちょっと 寂しく      笑う    あなた が 気 に なる
chotto   sabishiku warau anata ga ki ni naru 
I can't stop caring for you who have a bit lonely smile
でも  きっと 耐えられない ごめん ね
demo kitto taerarenai    gomen ne
but I won't be able to tolerate  I'm sorry
始まって   も  いない のに 壊れちゃい   そう
hajimatte mo inai   noni kowarechai sou
Before it even starts, I feel like it will break so fast
その   まま   振り 向かない  で 
sono mama furi-mukanai de 
So don't look back at me



たった 一度  それ   だけ で  戻れなく       なる  の
tatta ichido sore dake de modorenaku naru no 
Only once and I will lose my opportunity to go back
きっと 耐えられない 好き なの
kitto   taerarenai   suki nano
I bet I can't stand it   because I like you so
この   切なさ      消す とき 思い出    消える なら
kono setsunasa kesu toki omoide kieru nara
If the memory will be lost together with this heartache
エチュード  を  抱きしめて     卒業        しない わ
etude       wo dakishimete  sotsugyo shinai wa
I will hold on to the etude and won't graduate



暗転   から  の カーテン コール
anten kara no curtain    call
A curtain call after the blackout of the stage
笑顔  で   挨拶      します
egao de aisatsu shimasu
I shall bow in smile






Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments