Jpop Recommend #442 Boku no koto by Mrs. GREEN APPLE

僕のこと Boku no koto

Mrs. GREEN APPLE


Released in January 2019, this song is the band's 8th single.  It is an anthem of life.  In Japanese, "奇跡" which means a miracle and "軌跡” which means a trace have the same pronunciation, "kiseki".  So in the lyrices he wrote that even if "miracle" is not happening anymore, people can still have another "kiseki" which each one create by themselves through the course of life, that will become a trace of their long journey called "life".

This song has such a positive message and I really like it.  If you like this song, please try their other songs like: (wow, I have picked lots of their songs already!)

#435 春愁 Shunshuu by Mrs. GREEN APPLE
Recommended when you feel the first sign of spring
Song about spring, the time of graduation, the end and the beginning

#408 Circle by Mrs GREEN APPLE
Elegant lullaby about the circle of life that will give you a good night sleep
Recommended to listen before going to bed

#401 青と夏 Ao to Natsu by Mrs. GREEN APPLE
Happy tune celebrating the start of summer 
Recommended to listen when you see gigantic columns of clouds 

#183 鯨の唄 Kujira no uta by Mrs. Green Apple
Refreshing sound from a new Jpop band
Recommended when you need some encouragement






Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!


<Lyrics>
Japanese
Japanese pronunciation
English translation

僕     と  君    と では     何   が  違う?
boku to kimi to dewa nani ga chigau ?
What's the difference between you and me?
おんなじ 生き物    さ 分かってる
onnaji    ikimono sa wakatteru
We are same human, I know
でも   ね、僕     は  何か    に 怯えている
demo ne boku wa nanika ni obieteiru
But you see, I'm always scared of something
みんな も そう なら いいな
minna mo sou nara iina
I wish you all are the same


がむしゃら  に 生きて 誰   が   笑う?
gamushara ni ikite  dare ga warau
Who would dare to laugh at someone who lives in desperation?
悲しみきる        には   早すぎる
kanashimikiru niwa hayasugiru
It is too early to be swamped with grief
いつも   僕    は   自分  に 言い 聞かせる
itsumo boku wa jibun ni   ii    kikaseru
I always tell myself
明日     も  あるし ね。
ashita mo arushi ne
You'll have tomorrow


ああ なんて 素敵   な  日 だ
ah     nante suteki na hi da
Ah what a wonderful day
幸せ        と  思える   今日  も
shiawase to omoeru kyou mo 
today is when I felt happiness
夢       敗れ     挫ける    今日  も
yume yabure kujikeru kyou mo 
today is when a dream failed and I suffer a setback 
ああ 諦めず       もがいて いる
ah     akiramezu mogaite iru
Ah I still can't give up and struggle
狭い    広い  世界   で
semai hiroi sekai de 
in this narrow yet vast world
奇跡   を  唄う
kiseki wo utau
I sing a song of miracle



僕ら      は 知って いる
bokura wa shitte iru
We all know
空    へ の 飛び方     も
sora e no tobikata mo 
how to fly into the sky
大人   に なる  に つれ   忘れる
otona ni naru ni tsure wasureru
We all forget as we become adult
限り    ある 永遠 も
kagiri  aru eien mo 
about limited eternity
治りきらない 傷    も
naorikiranai kizu mo 
unhealed scars
全て      僕    の  こと
subete boku no koto 
All of that are about myself
今日  と いう 僕    の  こと
kyou to iu   boku no koto 
things about myself captured today




得て は   失う    日々 意味 は ある?
ete wa ushinau hibi   imi wa aru?
Days gained and days lost   Is there any meaning in it?
伝わる      こと  の  ない 想い も  ある
tsutawaru koto no nai omoi mo aru 
There are unconveyed messages
だから    僕  は    時々      寂しく      なる
dakara boku wa tokidoki sabishiku naru
So sometimes I feel so lonely
みんな も  そう なら
minna mo sou nara
If you all feel the same way
少し      は   楽    かな
sukoshi wa raku kana
It'll make me feel a bit better
僕     だけ じゃない と
boku dake jyanai   to 
Because it wasn't just me
思える   かな
omoeru kana
I might be able to think so


ああ なんて 素敵   な 日 だ
ah    nante suteki na hi da
Ah what a wonderful day
誰か     を  好き で いる  今日 も
dareka wo suki de iru kyou mo 
today is when I have a feeling of liking someone
頬      濡らし   眠れる     今日   も
hoho nurashi nemureru kyou mo 
today is when tears run through my cheeks as I sleep
ああ 嘆く     には ほど   遠い
ah    nageku niwa hodo tooi 
Ah it is far from grieving
狭い   広い   世界  で
semai hiroi sekai de 
in this narrow yet vast world
僕ら     は   唄う
bokura wa utau
we sing



冬    に  咲く  花    に
fuyu ni saku hana ni 
flowers which bloom in winter
命       が  芽吹く   よ
inochi ga mebuku yo 
life sprouts
駆ける   は 雪   の  大地
kakeru wa yuki no daichi 
snowy field we run
青すぎた   春    を
aosugita haru wo 
spring too green for us
忘れず     に 居たい と
wasurezu ni itai    to 
I wish I won't forget
語る     は 友     との 地図
kataru wa tomo tono chizu
while I talk, it becomes a map with my friend
駆ける   は 人  の  旅路
kakeru wa hito no tabiji 
while I run, it becomes a journey of a human being



僕ら     は  知って いる
bokura wa shitte iru
We all know
奇跡   は  死んで いる
kiseki wa shinde iru 
miracle has died
努力       も    孤独     も
doryoku mo kodoku mo 
efforts and solitude
報われない      こと が  ある
mukuwarenai koto ga aru
don't always pay off
だけど   ね
dakedo ne
but still
それ   でも ね 
sore demo ne
even so
今日   まで  歩いて きた
kyou made aruite kita
days they have walked through up to today 
日々 を  人   は   呼ぶ
hibi wo hito wa yobu 
days people call it
それ  が ね、軌跡   だ と
sore ga ne kiseki da to 
They call it a "trace of the journey"



ああ なんて 素敵   な  日 だ
ah     nante suteki na hi da 
What a wonderful day
幸せ        に  悩める     今日    も
shiawase ni nayameru kyou mo 
today is when I feel happy to have worries
ボロボロ  に なれて いる 今日  も
boroboro ni narete iru kyou mo 
today is when I'm satisfied to be torn into pieces

ああ 息  を  して  もがいて いる
ah     iki wo shite mogaite iru 
Ah I breathe and I struggle
全て      僕   の   こと
subete boku no koto 
All of that are about myself
あの 日 の  僕ら    の  こと
ano hi no bokura no koto 
about ourselves on that day


僕     と  君   と では    何    が  違う?
boku to kimi to dewa nani ga chigau ?
What's the difference between you and me?
それぞれ  見て  きた  景色     が ある
sorezore mite  kita keshiki ga aru
Each has seen different sceneries
僕     は   僕    と  して、いま を 生きて ゆく
boku wa boku to shite ima wo ikite   yuku
I will go on living the present time as myself
とても   愛しい  事    だ
totemo itoshii koto da
That is such a precious thing worth loving





Any comment about this blog is highly appreciated.  Requests to pick up any singer or song are always welcome!

Comments